This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MUJ chapter.

Everyone today either loves Nykaa or has at least heard of it during some point in their life. This e-commerce platform acts as a uplifting medium for people of every age to learn about skincare, beauty and self care. Started in 2012, Nykaa is a multi-brand online retail site that offers cosmetics from locally made brands to high end luxury brands as well. Falguni Nayar, the CEO has formed this beautiful and all inclusive platform for people to learn and purchase makeup that they love.

She took inspiration from brands like Sephora and Ulta and wanted to provide a similar space for indian women to lose their shells and truly flourish. Nykaa has helped many young boys and girls realize their passion and interests by providing them with anything and everything they can think of!

As a woman and POC she depicts the Indian standard of beauty perfectly. She has created a vast platform for people to explore which helps them by building their self esteem and making them feel better about themselves. Not only did she create a place for women, she also made sure men had their share of beauty products as well! Nykaa man is a subdivision of nykaa which works exclusively for men to provide them with the best products for their hair, beard, body and face.

Entrepreneurs like Nayar are a very important part of the society to destigmatize and debunk the baseless myths about the beauty world and bring awareness about the art of makeup and self-care.

Hi! My name is Ojasvi, I'm a Psychology student. I'm a cisgender queer girl, trying to make my way through college and so writing has always been very cathartic for me, when I got the opportunity to do this, I was very excited. When I'm not scribbling out my emotions onto paper, I'm usually seen putting on a full face of makeup and jamming to K-pop.
Sometimes you’ll find me spending the entire day outdoors and at other times buried in a book, there’s no fix really. An engineer in the making.