Culture > Digital

How Doraemon Would have Dealt with 2024’s Nobita?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MUJ chapter.

As a huge Doraemon fan since childhood, I’ve often wondered how Doraemon would’ve Dealt with Nobita in 2024. With AI everywhere, indeed, Nobita might not need Doraemon’s gadgets as much as he did in the past. But do you think He would’ve not felt the need of Doraemon at all? Or His gadgets would’ve been of no use to Nobita as all his work had already been simplified on the tip of his fingers with the help of Present Day Tech.

However, I believe their bond goes beyond mere utility.

Doraemon isn’t just about gadgets; he’s a friend, mentor, and confidant to Nobita. Even with AI assistance, there are aspects of life that can’t be solved by technology alone. Doraemon provides emotional support, encouragement, and companionship that no AI can replicate.

Doraemon is his Best Friend who handles all his tantrums and rescues him from all the troubles he gets himself into by some mischievousness or the other.

In 2024, I imagine Nobita and Doraemon having heart-to-heart conversations about life, dreams, and fears. They’d reminisce about their adventures and the lessons learned along the way. Doraemon would still lend an empathetic ear when Nobita faces challenges or feels overwhelmed.

Perhaps Doraemon would adapt to the times by integrating with modern technology. He’d learn about AI systems and find creative ways to enhance Nobita’s life beyond gadgets. Maybe he’d help Nobita explore new passions or discover hidden talents.

Ultimately, Doraemon’s value lies not just in what he provides practically but in the intangible magic of their friendship. No matter how advanced AI becomes, there will always be room for a blue robotic cat from the future who cares deeply for his human friend.

So, even in 2024, I believe Nobita would cherish Doraemon’s presence—the warmth of his smile, the sound of his bell—and continue to rely on him as a trusted companion on life’s unpredictable journey And they’ll still stick around each other no matter what comes.

Kashish Adwani is the editor at her campus at Muj chapter. She loves penning down thoughts and opinions about life, society, human psychology, dreams, food, and book reviews. beyond her campus, she loves writing poetry, and prose and has published a couple of fan-fictions too on some of the popular web-novel platforms. currently, she is working on her first book. On the academic front, she is pursuing a bachelor's degree of B.tech in information technology from MUJ. She is a budding Android app developer who is also a data analytics and design enthusiast. She is a bibliophile, and an ambivert who loves socializing and talking with fellows about literally anything, but also cherishes the peace and content that she gets by sitting in silence all by herself. She believes your words hold the potential of becoming a weapon and bringing a smile to your audience's faces all at once, the only condition is if you know how to choose them wisely or not.