This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Even though it feels like winter is never going to end, thinking about the upcoming swimsuit trends this season may warm up your spirits. Here are some styles you will want to get your hands on in the next couple of months to feel good for the upcoming sun.

Scoop Back One Pieces

These cute suits started to grow in popularity last year, but they will be completely dominate this summer. These one pieces usually have two thin straps in the front and have a U or V-cut in the back. These suits also usually stick to one solid color (popular ones include black, red, yellow, orange, and pink). In the back of the bathing suit, the straps go all the way down to connect to what looks like a separate pair of bottoms. These bathing suits are great at keeping you cool in the blaring sun. You are able to enjoy the comfort of a one piece with the air flow and space of a bikini in the back!

Embroidery

If you don’t want to go with a classic black suit or just any solid color, you may want to try finding some styles with some type of embroidery. Bathing suits made with not-so-typical fabric will be popular this season as well. These bathing suits can be found in bikini, high waisted, one piece, and any other style. Embroidered bathing suits can include fabrics like lace or a knitted trim. These bathing suits can also come in polka dot, striped, checkered, or animal print patterns. Having embroidered swimwear can really spice up your suit and transform a plain colored swimsuit into an eye-catching one.

Metallic

Usually when thinking of bathing suits, a shiny, metallic one doesn’t come to mind. This season, however, they will definitely be stepping into the spotlight. Metallic bathing suits can be found in any style, but are definitely most popular in a low rise bikini. These suits are usually a shiny black, silver, gold, or white. Adding some extra shine to your summer look can definitely be the new excitement your bathing suit needs.

If you’re not sure where to look for new bathing suits this season, check out PacSun, Forever 21, American Apparel, Fashion Nova, Zaful, or Venus for the best quality and price!

Carly Giacoio

Muhlenberg '22

Carly Giacoio is currently a junior at Muhlenberg College who originally is from northern New Jersey. She plans on graduating with an English major and Creative Writing minor. Carly also enjoys singing, composing music, and writing poetry in her free time.
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!