Style

Jacket Trends to Keep You Warm This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Each winter, a plethora of coats and jackets hit the market, but there are clearly some above the rest that can keep you both stylish and warm for the winter.

A popular option, the down jacket, is filled with feathers on the inside to keep the body insulated so that you are warm on the outside! Some brands that carry these jackets include Columbia and North Face. If you are looking for a fancy jacket that will last for a long time, the Canada Goose down jacket is perfect, but a little pricey. It has a sleek and classic look and will definitely keep you warm. To pull together the down-jacket look, pair it with a neutral colored sweater, a fun bright colored hat or scarf, and a simple pair of black leggings with sneakers.

The aviator jacket is perfect for those long, cold winter months. Although it’s not meant to protect you from harsh weather conditions, this jacket pairs perfectly with a turtleneck. Layering is another option if you’re hoping to stay warm. Aviator jackets come in a variety of different colors, but the typical model is a black jacket with shearling fur on the inside-it is accented nicely with a belt, usually on the lower half of the jacket. To create a unique and chic look, pair it with leather pants, black boots, and a black cashmere sweater. You really can’t go wrong with an all black ensemble!

Whether you choose the jacket that is Instagram ready, or the jacket that will bundle you up and prepare you for snowball fights, choosing a stylish jacket is a great way to complete your winter look for 2019!

Orli Segall

Muhlenberg '20

Im a junior at Muhlenberg College. My major is media and communications. I really have a big interest in everything beauty and fashion. I love to read and in my free time i like to hang out with friends and family.