books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The End is… Near: 3 Ways To Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Summer vibes are in the air and everyone is so close to finishing. Everyone wants to get out so badly, but the work is getting in the way. Sigh.

“Don’t give up yet, you’re almost there”. The 7 famous words that no one likes to hear, or especially have a teacher or someone of authority tell them. How can we not give up when we have 15+ page research papers, 2 tests, and a presentation all due within the same week? Sounds impossible to me.

But, all of you know as well as I do that you’ve done this before. This isn’t your first swing at the rodeo, and you’ve been prepared to be buried in work. That’s what high school was for! I learned that you just need to time manage things and everything will get done.

If you’re like me, procrastination is your friend as well as worst enemy and 15-page papers could easily be the death of you. Here are 3 ways to help you get through finals week:

1.     Take breaks—if you try to power through without any breaks, you will probably end up sleep deprived and not writing in English. Take breaks

2.     Listen to music—Studies have shown that if you listen to music when you study, you are inclined to do better on an exam or a paper. My favorite is Spotify’s relaxing playlist

3.     Eat a snack—There’s no way you can go all those hours without eating a thing. First of all, that’s just not healthy, and second of all, your brain works better when there’s food in your stomach for brain power

Follow these pieces of advice and I promise finals week will be over soon! Then 4 months of doing nothing is near!!