Campus Couples: Pooja and Baadal Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Our second couple interviewed this year is Pooja Menon and Baadal Vaachani. They are both part of the Drexel Medical School program and they find motivation within each other to do their best. :) They have been together for a year, so Happy Anniversay, Pooka and Baadal! 

What’s you favorite thing about each other?

*nervous laughter*

Pooja: I have many things. Do I have to pick just one? Ok, personality-wise, his work ethic. I think he is very hard working and his values line up with mine. Relationship-wise, he shows that he really cares and is really cute. Ooh and cute nicknames.

Baadal: I like her hair.

Pooja: Really?

How did you meet?

Pooja: We met at the Red Doors

Baadal: Yea, I thought she was a nerd.

Pooja: I thought he was such a big nerd!

Baadal: I thought she was a very quiet person at first, but she’s not.

How did the two of you start dating?

Pooja: We were friends at the time and we had a very long talk about it.

Baadal: We were bffls, but then we talked about our feelings.

Do you feel like you are in a long distance relationship now that you living on opposite sides of campus?

Pooja: We definitely don’t see each other as much. We are both busier this year.

Baadal: Yes, I feel like she lives in Australia.

Does it help you or distract you to be dating someone in the same program (Drexel Medical School) as you?

Pooja: motivates.

Baadal: Distracts,

Pooja: I would say it motivates me.

Baadal: Ok, I change my answer. It motivates me.

What is a piece of advice you have for a new college couple?

*At the same time*

Pooja: Don’t jump into things to fast.

Baadal: Don’t get into a relationship too fast.

What do you think is the attitude of millennials toward college relationships?

Pooja: To not have one and to just hook up.

Baadal: They’re just jealous.

Pooja: But our friends are really supportive of our relationship and call us a power couple.

Baadal: Don’t let that go to your head.

Pooja: Why not!?

What was the best date you two have gone on?

Baadal: We’ve only gone on one date, wait no two dates.

Pooja: We went to his hometown and then we went hiking.

Baadal: You prefer that one?

Pooja: Yes! So we went hiking and he bought me ice cream and we walked around downtown and we went to the lake and took nice pictures.

Baadal: Yeah you took dance pictures. Or there’s the time you came over and we played video games.

Pooja: Yeah, but I lost so it wasn’t that fun.

What’s a fun fact you would like to share about the other?

Baadal: Pooja is a koala, like in human form.

Pooja: …He plays quidditch.

Has your relationship affected your attitude towards partying?

Pooja: Yes

Baadal: No, my attitude has always been the same. I don’t go to parties that much.

Pooja: I mean I like to go out, but it’s not as fun. I like to spend time with him more so if I have the choice I would rather spend time with him.

Baadal: She’s kidding. She would rather study chemistry.

How has time apart throughout the year affected your relationship since you don’t live in the same place all year?

Pooja: I think it’s made our relationship stronger just because we have the chance to miss each other more. We get the opportunity to catch up so we get to have like three hour-long conversations, especially about neuroethics this semester. We have gotten a lot closer especially over the summer.

Baadal: I couldn’t have said it better. That is very nice to say.

I'm Darling, I'm 21 years old and I go to Muhlenberg College. I am a double major in Public Health and French.