Are Jenni (JWoww) Farley and Roger Matthews REALLY Getting a Divorce?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

On September 28th, the most disheartening news to longtime Jersey Shore fans was announced. If you didn’t watch Jersey Shore, Jenni (Jwoww) Farley and Roger Mathews partook in an on-again, off-again relationship that finally led to their wedding in 2015 and their adorable children, Meilani Alexandra Matthews, and Greyson Valor Matthews.

In an Instagram video posted by Roger on September 28th, 2018, he announced that his wife of three years and mother of his two children had filed for divorce a month prior. Although this announcement was meant to inform fans of the split, in the video, Roger implied that is not what the outcome of this situation would be. After explaining that his wife had filed for divorce as a result of their “repeated pattern” they were falling into and not any “cheating or any dumb shit”, he ended the video with “I’m not done fighting, I’m gonna win my wife back. I’m gonna win her affection back. I’m gonna win her love back. I have no intention of being a single dad. We’re in counseling, so there is hope. It ain’t over till the fat lady sings.”

Although Roger seems to have no intention in accepting the reality of his split with the Jersey Shore star, JWoww has made no comment on social media about the split. Instead, a few days later a picture of them both with their daughter at the Disney Junior Dance Party was posted with the caption “@disneyjuniortour fun ?????”

The split between JWoww and Roger seems to be clean and respectful, and they both want the best for their kids. However, it was reported that Jenni did say that she would like primary custody of her son and daughter, which Roger is definitely not in favor of, considering he does not have intentions of becoming a “single dad”. The two Jersey Shore stars are still in counseling trying to make it work, but it is clear that Roger is fighting to try to salvage the love JWoww and he have for each other. Roger is making grand efforts to provide the most loving, stable home for them and their adorable two children. It has not been confirmed whether the two are living separately or have taken any action with Jenni’s file for divorce, but only time will tell if the couple will try to make it work and if the Jersey Shore couple will make it out alive.

Carly Giacoio

Muhlenberg '22

Carly Giacoio is currently a junior at Muhlenberg College who originally is from northern New Jersey. She plans on graduating with an English major and Creative Writing minor. Carly also enjoys singing, composing music, and writing poetry in her free time.