Allentown Restaurants to Try On Your Next Food Trip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Sick of your usual dining hall meal? Try these five restaurants in the Lehigh Valley area to make for an epic food trip!

La Placita Mexico Deli

158 N 12th Street, Allentown, PA 18102

Price Range: $

If you’re craving some quality enchiladas, La Placita is the place to be! La Placita is a hidden gem in Allentown’s Hamilton District that serves made to order authentic Mexican food. You would probably end up drowning your entire meal in their salsa verde! La Placita also offers a collection of Mexican treats and spices available for purchase. Note that the place is cash only, so make sure to carry some before coming here!

WHAT TO TRY: A nice cold glass of horchata would put your meal over the top!

Pho Le

446 N 7th St, Allentown, PA 18102

Price Range: $

Pho Le would definitely leave you wanting more! This restaurant offers a range of Vietnamese delicacies, including pho and banh mi that will satisfy your innermost cravings. Pho Le  allows you to adjust the spice in your meal, so douse your pho with hoisin sauce and chili sauce to your heart’s content.  If you can’t make the trip, make sure to check their website to order online for the perfect night in.

WHAT TO TRY: Try their beef pho with beef tendons – the tendon melts in your mouth!

Little Miss Korea

Allentown Fairground Farmers Market

1825 W Chew Street, Allentown, PA 18104

Price Range: $

If you’re a fan of Korean food, Little Miss Korea will not disappoint! Located inside the Allentown Fairground Farmers Market, Little Miss Korea strives to bring authentic and fresh Korean cuisine to Lehigh Valley and offers a spread of Korean comfort delicacies including bibimbap, japchae, and bulgogi. The restaurant has ample counter seating that will give you the perfect opportunity to meet its friendly proprietors, so make sure to stop by during your next trip to the farmers market!

Note: Farmers Market is open from Thursday to Saturday, so plan your trip accordingly.

WHAT TO TRY: Try their Bulgogi Bibimbap and wash it down with a Berry Hibiscus Tea with Mango Syrup!

Fegley’s Allentown Brew Works

812 Hamilton Street, Allentown, PA 18101

Price Range: $$

If you’re looking for a trendy downtown restaurant with low lighting and upbeat music, Fegley’s Allentown Brew Works  is the place to be! Their menu is stocked with fan favorite American fares, so make sure to check it out for your next mac and cheese craving.  Those over 21 can enjoy their signature local brews to pair with a plethora of appetizers. If you’re under 21, they serve killer Shirley Temples so you definitely won’t feel left out!

WHAT TO TRY: Try their Bavarian Pretzels with Beer & Cheese sauce for starters — you won’t regret it!

Cali Burrito

2149 Reading Road, Allentown, PA 18104

Price Range: $

Swap your Chipotle cravings for Cali Burrito! Immerse yourself in their mellow California vibes and enjoy some burritos! Located down the road from Cedar Beach Park, Cali Burrito has been a long time Muhlenberg favorite and rightfully so. They serve burritos with different meats as well as vegetarian options, so there’s a burrito out there for everyone! Note that they are closed from 2:30-3:30 everyday for their “Daily Siesta,” so plan your trip accordingly.

WHAT TO TRY: Definitely try their salsas! Cali Burrito has a salsa bar with a plethora of choices, so you can douse your chips and burritos to your heart’s content.

Lisha Rabeje

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg '21. Psychology / Education.  "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.