Top 3 Spots to Hang Out (and Snag a Cute Photo) in Nashville!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

Hats off! It’s the weekend! We’ve waited all week for it to be Friday, and she has finally graced us with her presence. Here are 3 places you have to visit in your downtime, and how you can turn your trip into a picture-perfect moment!

1. The Gulch + “What Lifts You” Mural

Nashville is known for music, food and fun. One of the best spots in town is The Gulch. It has everything your heart desires all in one place. There are countless food venues, such as Emmy Squared, Burger Republic, and 404 Kitchen to name a few! It is also home to trendy work out classes, like Barre3 and contemporary stores such as Urban Outfitters and Blush Boutique. While the city is full of beautiful murals and street art, the angel wing portrait on 11th Ave South is by far one of the most popular works in the city. The mural is courtesy of Kelsey Montague, an extremely talented and accomplished artist who started the #WhatLiftsYou campaign to inspire those who see her art to remember all the positive things in their lives.

2. Draper James + The Striped Wall

Nashville sweetheart Reese Witherspoon brought her entrepreneurial spirit back to her hometown and launched Draper James in 2015. The adorable, Southern inspired boutique is a site to behold inside and out. Inside you will find a bright, bubbly shop full of charming clothes and home goods. The outside has a turquoise and white striped wall that makes for the perfect pop of color for your Instagram feed!

3. 12th Avenue South + Flower Mural

Right around the corner of Green Pea Salon lies another one of Nashville’s most popular murals. The flower mural is a bright, colorful wall splattered with dozens of beautiful flower paintings. The backdrop makes a perfect, eye catching spot for an impromptu photoshoot (as proven in the photo above by me and my friend Taylor). On the same street you can find sweet treats at Jeni’s Ice Cream, Las Paletas and Five Daughter’s Bakery or have a more savory meal at Bartaco or Urban Grub. Sevier Park is also nearby so you can walk off all the good food you just ate!

Enjoy your weekend!

The girl who knows the name of every song and quotes too much from Tik Tok and Vine.