This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

Mostly I am a jack of all trades. I would hardly consider myself a master of any one subject or skill…except for when it comes to finding new music and artists. Music consumes my entire life. In my bio on the HerCampus site I even wrote that I “know the name to every song”, and my friends have all agreed this is (almost) 100% accurate. I mean, I found One Direction almost a year before their debut single “What Makes You Beautiful” came out, so I think I have the credentials to back up these statements. Now, the time has come for me to share my gifts with the world and show everyone who a few of my new favorite up and coming artists are.

1. Ruel

16-year-old Australian artist Ruel is slowly but surely making a name for himself in the music industry. Since the start of his career in 2017, Ruel has already toured with popular musicians such as Khalid, Shawn Mendes, and Gallant. I discovered him through a Spotify daily mix, and I am eternally grateful that I did. Though he is very young, Ruel has a striking, soulful voice that will have you hanging on to his every word. As dramatic as it sounds, his song “Dazed and Confused” changed me as a person, and I have listened to it 30 times a day since I heard it back in 2018.

If you’re interested in him, I recommend starting with “Not Thinkin’ About You”, “Golden Years- M-Phazes Remix”, and “Dazed and Confused”. You can find him on Twitter and Instagram @oneruel.

Special thanks to @jalebifitoor on Twitter for the photo!

2. Astrid S

Astrid S is a sweet and sassy songstress destined to become the Queen of Pop. It’s rare to find an artist who makes music so good that every single song turns out to be an absolute hit, but Astrid S manages to make it look easy. When I tell you every single one of her songs is incredible, I mean that every single song is incredible. She even has a few “Artist of the Year” and “Song of the Year” awards to prove it. Along with having the melodic voice of angel, she has a killer wardrobe and charming sense of humor. Check out her social media accounts and you’ll see I’m absolutely right.

If you’re interested in her, start with “Closer”, “The First One”, and “Such A Boy”. You can follow her on both Twitter and Instagram @astridsofficial.

Specials thanks to Christin (or @honestshawn on Twitter) for the photo of Astrid!

3. Yungblud

In the short time he has been in the music industry, Yungblud has become the beautiful, chaotic, free spirit we all needed. His music is electric, rebellious and has a good chance of making you feel like trashing your house then planting flowers out front.  I had the pleasure of going to a Yungblud concert this past weekend in Nashville, and it was truly a one of a kind experience. He has incredible energy and stage presence plus he is the first artist I have ever seen live who has started a mosh pit so needless to say it was a wild and amazing show start to finish.

For those new to Yungblud’s music, you should start with “21st Century Liability”, “I Think I’m Okay”, and California. You can also find him @yungblud on Twitter and Instagram!

Special thanks to Ana (or @flowerchildann1 on Twitter) for the photo!

Happy listening!

The girl who knows the name of every song and quotes too much from Tik Tok and Vine.