This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MTSU chapter.

Looking for a good book to read in between classes? We’ve got you covered with 4 YA books we love.  

1. The Program by Suzanne Young

The Program is a 6 book series about a questionable program designed to “cure” teenagers of their suicidal thoughts and feelings. This series weaves an incredible tale of love and strength as the rotating cast of characters fight for their right to feel without repercussions.  

2. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han 

Now a popular Netflix movie, To All The Boys tells the tale of Lara Jean and her fake relationship with popular athlete Peter. After Lara Jean’s letters to boys she had loved in the past get mailed out, she must find a way to prevent her sister’s ex-boyfriend from realizing her true feelings. To all the sappy romance lovers, this book is for you. 

3. Every Day by David Levithan     

Another successful book-to-movie, Every Day is the story of A,  who is not so much a person as a soul who spends no longer than 24 hours in a body. A inhabits different peoples bodies and has their memories every day no apparent reason, but A has their own set of memories and personality traits as well. Every Day tells the story of how love can exist in any fashion, but sometimes it isn’t enough.

4. Turtles All The Way Down by John Green 

John Green may get a lot of flack for his writing style, but this book is too incredible not to include on this list. The main character, Aza, has a particularly severe case of OCD and struggles with juggling her mental illness and her quest for a missing man with a large reward out for his return. This book is my personal favorite because of its incredibly accurate portrayal of OCD. I’ve struggled with OCD since I was a child, and never have I ever read or seen anything that made me feel like anyone else understood what I was thinking or feeling – that was until I read TATWD. 

Morgan is a junior at Middle Tennessee State University and is the chapter co-founder and events manager for MTSU's Her Campus chapter. She's a Journalism major and Criminal Investigations minor - she dreams of being the next Keith Morrison. When Morgan's not writing articles or working the assignment desk for Middle Tennessee News on campus, you can probably find her reading, watching Netflix or playing The Sims.