With the end of the semester coming up, I want to keep myself motivated throughout the day, which starts with how I begin my morning. In this article, I will be giving tips on what to add to your morning routine that will help you be motivated and have a great mindset for the day. 

[bf_image id="mtcfrgqvc5fvqt7g68jwbxx"]

1. Make your bed and clean your area. 

Before you start working, take the time to make your bed and clean your workspace (this could be anything from wiping down your area with cleaning wipes to doing your dishes). 

[bf_image id="wsc9w3jhqb95vg6pqs7grrfz"]

2. Listen to an empowering podcast or audiobook. 

I listen to the Wake Me Up podcast in the morning to help me get out of bed. It's full of meditation exercises, mindfulness, and motivation tips. Here is the link if you want to check it out: https://wakemeuppodcast.com/about-us/

[bf_image id="q7k5yq-5a0d34-3b48fs"]

3. Lay out your clothes the night before. 

Laying your clothes out the night before is one way to make your morning routine easier, especially if you are running late. 

[bf_image id="2ks5t5xs9cnxrrk3wrpb73bx"]

4. Make or get a great breakfast for yourself. 

Whether you are on a college campus and rely on campus dining or are at home with a kitchen, having a great breakfast always puts me in a good mood for the day. I love having some sort of eggs with toast or avocado toast. If I have more time in the morning, I will make french toast. 

[bf_image id="pgrrxntbkp4nbt36brc2n"]

5. Have a hot drink in the morning. 

Whether you are a coffee or tea drinker, it's always lovely to start your day off with a nice hot drink. 

[bf_image id="wmnkjw8kcpw6szxz8zq7666h"]

6. Make a list of everything you have to do for the day. 

Before I start to do work, I make a list of all the things I have to do for the day. This allows me to plan out what I have to do. I don’t know why, but there is something satisfying about checking off items on a to-do list. 

[bf_image id="q7k41u-695a4g-c0i3hn"]

7. Exercise. 

Take 20 minutes to do some form of exercise. Whether that be doing yoga or going for a run, do whatever makes you feel comfortable and good! 

I hope that these tips are helpful in making your morning routine better!

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.  

Emma Goldin

Mt Holyoke '21

Hi guys! My name is Emma Goldin and I am from San Francisco, California. I am a psychology and education major at Mount Holyoke College! I am part of the class of 2021! My interests include writing, singing, reading, playing guitars, and hanging out with my friends and family.