The Sisterhood of the Traveling Purse, Part 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

This week, Her Campus Mount Holyoke received this amazing MZ Wallace tote and, since we can’t decide who gets it, each of our team members will have it for one day this week and then at the end of the week, one of our lucky readers will get it!

Today one of our Campus Correspondents started it off. Check out what Lyssi has in her bag!

Here are the absolute necessities for one MoHo on the go:

1. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter swivel stick is the most convenient way to keep your skin moisturized, especially as the temperature begins to drop and we approach another brutal winter.

2.   Lip Gloss

Lip gloss is great to have for days when you just roll out of bed but want to put in a little bit of effort. Just put on some lipgloss and bam! You’re the cutest person on campus.

3.   Cold-Eeze

With the Moho plague slowly approaching, we all need to be protected. I like to keep Cold-Eeze, cough drops, and hand sanitizer with me at all times to kill any germs lurking around.

4.   Wallet

It’s always nice to have cash and your ID on you at all times, especially in case of an emergency. Having a wallet to organize them all in is much more handy than stuffing them all in your pocket.

5.   Gum Not only does it make your breath smell good, but I find it wakes me up a bit when I chew gum before and during my 8:35 classes.

6.   Water Bottle

It’s important to stay hydrated! I love this water bottle because it’s foldable and freezable, making it easy to tote around. It’s also always cool and refreshing!

7.   Headphones

Whether you’re on the PVTA and don’t want to talk to a creepy dude or walking from one end of campus to the other, headphones are a must. They provide an awesome distraction and at least for me, trips always seem shorter with headphones in.   These 5 Hour Energy headphones have great sound quality and a super handy case to keep them in.

8.   Chipotle Coupons

It’s vital to always have one of these handy for quick trips to grab a burrito bowl or even just some chips. Chipotle runs are one way the Her Campus Mount Holyoke staff like to bond: over some awesome, GMO free food. Having a coupon is just a plus.

9.   Notebooks, Textbooks, and Pens

The last, but most important, things in my bag are my textbooks, notebooks, and pens (being in college, I would hope so). This MZ Wallace bag is great because it is spacious and fashionable so you never have to sacrifice your style for something “more practical” to carry your stuff in.

Check back tomorrow to see who has the purse next and keep checking our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more info on how to win this amazing bag!

Lyssi Joseph

Mt Holyoke '18

Lyssi Joseph is a Mount Holyoke graduate who majored in International Relations and minored in Geography. She loved the three years that she served as co-Campus Correspondent for HC Mount Holyoke and is grateful to her co-CC, Deborah, and the amazing members of the team for making these past three years so wonderful. She is excited to follow along and see how HC Mount Holyoke continues to grow and excel. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and napping.