Sam Tressy ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Sam Tressy

Hometown: Simsbury, Connecticut

Major: Psychology and Education

What are you involved in on and off-campus?

On campus, I’m the Senior Community Advisor for Torrey Hall, off campus I work at a local preschool.

What do you most enjoy about working in Residential Life? What is the hardest part?

I love the opportunity to be a part of so many people’s college experience. I feel like it’s my chance to really make a difference on an individual level. The hardest part is balancing Residential Life with school work.

What do you love about your major?

I’ve known that I wanted to study psychology since early on in my high school career and when I started working at a summer camp, I knew that I wanted to work with kids as well. The Psychology and Education major lets me combine those two interests!

What’s the best part about being a preschool teacher?

The best part about working at a preschool is seeing the kids grow and grasp the concepts that you’re trying to teach them. The look on their faces when they understand something new is incredible, you can see the exact moment that it happens!

What’s your favorite MHC memory?

My favorite MHC memory is really hard to pinpoint, I’m not so sure that it’s one specific event. I’d say that my favorite MHC memories are all of the laughs I’ve shared with my friends over the past few years.

What’s your favorite memory from first year?

My favorite memory from first year is actually when you and I commiserated over a class we were in together. The class was difficult, but knowing that we were struggling together made it much easier. Lyssi, you were actually one of the first real friends I had on campus!

Graduation is coming, how are you feeling? What is one piece of advice you would give to first-years?

I’ve got mixed feelings about graduation. On the one hand, I’m excited about this new chapter in my life. On the other hand, I’m so sad to be leaving behind such a wonderful place that I’ve learned to call home. I’d tell first years to take as many pictures as they can, even of the moments that seem insignificant. You never know which memories will end up being the ones that mean the most.

Lyssi Joseph

Mt Holyoke '18

Lyssi Joseph is a Mount Holyoke graduate who majored in International Relations and minored in Geography. She loved the three years that she served as co-Campus Correspondent for HC Mount Holyoke and is grateful to her co-CC, Deborah, and the amazing members of the team for making these past three years so wonderful. She is excited to follow along and see how HC Mount Holyoke continues to grow and excel. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, and napping.