This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Winter is not satisfying without a cup of tea. Instead of the typical flavors such as earl grey, English breakfast, or jasmine,  I will introduce some of exotic flavors that can warm you up during the cold days.

1. Harney & Sons Tea Chocolate Tea.

“Chocolate tea? Is it even real?” This is the response I always receive when I tell people that chocolate tea is my favorite drink. All credit goes to the Chocolate Tea by Harney & Sons. This is a black tea, so it does a good job at waking you up on those early cold morning days that make you just want to stay in bed. Sometimes chocolate teas taste either too cinnamony or nutty to me, but this one does not. It has real chocolate scent which is rich and soothing.

2.  Teekanne Rooibos Sahne-Karamell (Teekanne Rooibos Cream Caramel)

A friend introduced me to this German tea.  It is quite sweet, and you can recognize the distinctive caramel taste when drinking it. Because it is a red tea, meaning that it is caffeine-free, I always have at least two in my bag. I find this tea and whole wheat bread is a perfect pair for breakfast.

3.  Thai Delicious Butterfly Pea Organic Dried Blue Flower Tea

I first tried this tea last December and I immediately fell in love with it. Once you put the buds into the water, the water changes into a vivid deep blue color that looks gorgeous and photogenic. The flavour is quite sweet and aromatic, so I do not add additional sugar to it. Putting too many buds inside can make the flavour too sweet, so I would ease the sweetness by adding one or two slices of lemon into the tea.

Earl grey and English breakfast are always the safe choices, however, it is also worth venturing out and expanding your tea collection. Let’s all stay warm with tea!

Photos: 2 3 4

Thien An (she/her/hers) is currently a junior at Mount Holyoke College, majoring in English, with a minor in History.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.