This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

With a new semester among us, I started reorganizing and decorating my study space. I added lights, a calendar, a mini whiteboard, and pictures to my study space wall. I then decided to add inspirational quotes so I can look at them as I am doing my work. These are quotes that I live by and help motivate me, and I would like to share them with you. 

Poster of Schitt's Creek
CBC Television

1. “Never let the bastards get you down.” – Moira Rose, Schitt’s Creek

2. “If you’re not scared, you’re not taking a chance. If you’re not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?” – Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother

Hannah Gadsby from Netflix
Netflix

3. “To be rendered powerless does not strip you of your humanity. Your resilience is your humanity…To yield and not break that is incredible strength…There is no way, there is no way— anyone would dare test their strength out on me because you all know there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself” – Hannah Gadsby, Nanette 

4. “I like when things are crazy. Something good comes out of exhaustion.” – John Mulaney 

5. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg 2016 portrait
Photo by Supreme Court of the United States distributed under a public domain license

6. “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

Michelle Obama and Barack Obama at the 2021 Inauguration
Photo by Elizabeth Fraser / Arlington National Cemetery distributed under a Public Domain Mark 1.0 license

7. “There’s power in allowing yourself to be known and heard, in owning your unique story, in using your authentic voice.” – Michelle Obama

8. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” -Dolly Parton 

9. “The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work.” – Princess Tiana, The Princess and The Frog

10. “I don’t skate through life. I walk through life in really nice shoes.” – Alexis Rose, Schitt’s Creek 

I hope some of these quotes inspire you! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Emma Goldin

Mt Holyoke '21

Hi guys! My name is Emma Goldin and I am from San Francisco, California. I am a psychology and education major at Mount Holyoke College! I am part of the class of 2021! My interests include writing, singing, reading, playing guitars, and hanging out with my friends and family.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.