Positive Vibe Playlist: 11 Happy and Uplifting Songs to Put You in a Good Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like nothing has been going your way and all you want to do is crawl into bed and scream into your pillow? 2021 may have just begun, but it’s already been quite the year so far. Need a pick-me-up? The 11 songs below are guaranteed to lift your spirits and help you walk with an extra pep in your step.

“Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield

If you are a late ’90s or 2000s kid you’ve probably blasted this song at full volume while singing the lyrics of the chorus at the top of your lungs at least once. After listening to this song you will feel like a changed person that can take on the world. 

“Boy with Luv” by BTS ft. Halsey

There’s nothing like a good BTS bop to put you in a good mood. BTS is currently one of the hottest K-Pop boy bands out there and is taking the western world by storm. With the help of Halsey, they brought us this beautiful song about love that is sure to put a smile on your face. 

“Sunday Best” by Surface

This positive song is sure to leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside after listening to it. Be warned, if you listen to this song you may not be able to get the catchy chorus out of your head. 

“Perfect Day” by Hoku

This is another one of those songs that I’m sure you would have heard if you are a 2000s kid. This song was in so many movies back in the day and is sure to leave you feeling motivated and like you can take on anything.

“Happy” by Pharrell Williams 

“We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” – Winne the Pooh 

I know, quite cheezy of me to quote Winne the Pooh, but this song is the living embodiment of that quote. This song serves as a reminder to all to take time out of your day to be silly and have fun. 

“Roar” by Katy Perry

Can you believe that this song came out 8 years ago?! Wow, where did the time go, it feels like just yesterday this song came out. This is a great hype song that will leave you feeling pumped up. 

“What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction

Where are all my Directioners out there? One Direction was one of the hottest British boy band sensations of their time. “What Makes You Beautiful” is such an iconic song that everyone should listen to.

“Good Day” by Ron Pope

“Good Day” is an oldie-but-goodie song that is highly underrated. Wherever I listen to this song it puts me in a good mood, so I hope whoever’s reading this will give this song a listen.

“Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & The Waves 

This is the perfect song to start your morning. “Walking on Sunshine” is a feel-good song that makes you want to get up and dance and sing. 

“Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake

2016 feels like an entirely different universe now. This is one of the catchiest and most positive songs of its time.

“We Are Young” by Fun ft Janelle Monáe

As children, most of us spend our childhood wanting to grow up and then our adulthood wishing we could be young again. This song services as a reminder to enjoy the moment and not be in a rush to get older. 

I hope this list gave you inspiration for songs you should listen to lift your spirits when you’re having a bad day. Remember, bad days happen sometimes, and that is ok. Take a deep breath and know that everything will be ok. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com

Hi everyone my name is Sophia Erivbieta. I am a freshman at Mount Holyoke and I go by the she/her pronouns. I plan on majoring in philosophy and psychology.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.