This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

With everything going on right now, we all need a little positivity in our lives. What has kept me going during the pandemic is having a great playlist with amazing songs. I’ve been introduced to some new artists and have fallen in love again with some artists that I’ve listened to before. In this article, I will be listing some of my favorite songs to listen to to put me in a good mood. 

1. “Denim Jacket” by Sammy Rae 

This song has a nice funky, jazzy beat with some amazing female vocals by the one and only Sammy Rae. I started listening to her during quarantine and I have a feeling she is going to hit the top music charts soon because of this song. This is a good song that will make you get up and start dancing. 

2. “She Will be Loved” by Maroon 5 

This is one of my all-time favorite songs! It has beautiful lyrics and is a must-have for a car ride. I guarantee this song will make you want to start belting it out. 

3. “Olivia” by One Direction 

Though I don’t listen to One Direction that much, this song is one of my favorites from their music. Once you start listening to it, you will be hooked. It’s a good song to listen to and belt out in the car with a friend. 

4. “The Ballad of John and Yoko” by the Beatles 

Growing up, my dad would always play the Beatles on any car ride. This song always stuck out to me because of the upbeat guitar melodies and drum rhythm in the background of John Lennon’s amazing voice. 

5. “Best I Ever Had” by Gavin Degraw 

This song starts off with an upbeat, fast guitar section accompanied by some brass instruments and a beat that will make you want to start clapping your hands. The way the instruments accompany Gavin Degraw’s killer vocals and lyrics are just *chef’s kiss*. 

6. “Hopeless Wanderer” by Mumford and Sons 

This song starts off slow with a nice piano melody then starts to pick up with an upbeat guitar part and banjo. The band also puts in some really good vocal harmonies. 

7. “Soulmate” by Lizzo 

This song has a sick beat and really good lyrics about being your own soulmate and loving yourself. Also Lizzo did a cool lyric video with the cast of Queer Eye. 

I hope these songs make you want to get up and dance! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com

Emma Goldin

Mt Holyoke '21

Hi guys! My name is Emma Goldin and I am from San Francisco, California. I am a psychology and education major at Mount Holyoke College! I am part of the class of 2021! My interests include writing, singing, reading, playing guitars, and hanging out with my friends and family.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.