This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Allie Patawaran

Major:  Sociology

Minor: Economics

Hometown:  San Francisco, California

What do you absolutely love to study?

I love culture.  The intersection of race, class and power interests me deeply, especially as a person of color.  People from underrepresented groups tend to experience life differently, so it’s important we integrate their stories into the American cultural fabric.  I plan on dabbling in mathematics, economics and statistics as well.  Verbal and quantitative fluency make for a powerful combination.

What’s your ideal career?  Why does it interest you?

I want to be a marketer.  Honestly, the people-oriented functions of industry (i.e. marketing, advertising, public relations) keep humanities-oriented people (like me) out of poverty. 

Describe your typical weekend.

On a typical Saturday, I hit the books by mid-afternoon.  In order to break out of my comfort zone, I venture off-campus for evening social events.  I designate Sunday for laundry, exercise and reconnecting with family. 

What are some of your favorite beauty products or items of clothing in your closet?

I love my James Perse button-downs, H&M combat boots and Brandy Melville tops.

If you had one week to spend $1 million, what would you do?

Follow Birdman around town.  The man’s an excellent businessman- he can turn anything into millions.

What are the three items you absolutely cannot live without?

Cell phone, computer and pillow.

What is your favorite city in the world and why?

New York!  My connection to the 212 runs deep- it’s where my parents conceived me!  I lived in midtown Manhattan before settling in northern California.  I regularly fantasize about spending my 21st on Le Bain’s rooftop with Meek Mill and the Kardashians.