This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.
Class year: 2012Class year: 2012

Name: Laine Winokur

Class Year: 2012

Hometown: Wayland, MA

Major: History

Minor: Education

Relationship status: Single

Personal Interests: Reading (right now anything by Robert K. Massie and David McCullough, they’re both really wonderful historians), hanging out with friends and family, museums, exploring new cities, watching the leaves change during fall, procrastinating.

What you look for in a significant other: Definitely someone who can make me laugh. But above all I need someone who can be my best friend. If I can spend a lot of time with you and I trust you, that’s a good sign!

What makes Laine Laine: My weird obsession with details and organization. Anyone who has been in my room or worked with me on Orientation knows that about me.

Where you can you be found on a Friday night: Either hanging out with my friends on campus/in Amherst or at home in Wayland with my family.

Pet peeves: People who ask personal questions during class time, stay after to talk to the professor please!

Favorite past time: Watching obscure historical documentaries on Netflix.

Hidden Talent: I can rap the entire Ludacris part of Justin Bieber’s song “Baby”.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: I’ll be 31 (whoa!) so hopefully I’ll be with someone I love and have a kid or two. I really hope that I’ll still be working in the field of education, whether that’s by having my own classroom or something different it doesn’t matter just as long as I get to help students.

Hometown: Wayland, MA

Major: History

Minor: Education

Relationship status: Single

Personal Interests: Reading (right now anything by Robert K. Massie and David
McCullough, they’re both really wonderful historians), hanging out with friends
and family, museums, exploring new cities, watching the leaves change during fall,
procrastinating.

What you look for in a significant other: Definitely someone who can make me
laugh. But above all I need someone who can be my best friend. If I can spend a lot of
time with you and I trust you, that’s a good sign!

What makes Laine Laine: My weird obsession with details and organization. Anyone
who has been in my room or worked with me on Orientation knows that about me.

Where you can you be found on a Friday night: Either hanging out with my friends
on campus/in Amherst or at home in Wayland with my family.

Pet peeves: People who ask personal questions during class time, stay after to talk to
the professor please!

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: I’ll be 31 (whoa!) so hopefully I’ll be with
someone I love and have a kid or two. I really hope that I’ll still be working in
the field of education, whether that’s by having my own classroom or something
different it doesn’t matter just as long as I get to help students.
Sophie Jasinski is a sophomore English major and Arts and Society minor at Mount Holyoke College. Originally from North Jersey, she spends most of her time in New York City. When Sophie isn’t studying in the library she loves to dance ballet, drink chai lattes, dig through vintage clothes, hang out with friends, and play tennis. Sophie is also a staff writer for the Mount Holyoke News. Last summer, Sophie interned with Donna Karan and hopes to intern for a fashion magazine in New York this summer. Sophie aspires to be the next Anna Wintour. Watch out world!!