Jordan Rafford-Appu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Class Year: 2013

Hometown: New York City!

Major: Sociology

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Personal Interests: Sports, fashion, photography, art (shameless plug: join Art Board!), museums, eating good food (and again: join Food Justice Society!), people I love, dogs (even though I don’t have one I’m obsessed), and rando shows like pawn stars, dog whisperer, dual survival and picker sisters.

What I Look for in a significant other: Someone who is honest and isn’t afraid to speak their mind. I’m very opinionated and not afraid to say how I feel (I think its part of being a New Yorker) so I need someone that isn’t afraid to match me. Also, someone that will be themselves and that I can be myself around. I’m a HUGE sports fan so I couldn’t imagine being with someone that wasn’t or at least didn’t understand the game. It helps if we like the same team, but if not I guess it could work? Unless you’re a Phillies, Eagles, Cowboys or Heat fan, then we’ll see how that goes… 

What makes Jordan, Jordan: I subscribe to Elle and Sports Illustrated, I think that sums me up pretty well. I’m a big girly girl who loves fashion so you would never suspect that I am obsessed with sports. I eat wings, burp (much to my mother’s dismay) and yell at T.V. like the next guy. 

Where you can be found on a Friday night: It depends on what my week is like, but with my friends wherever that may take me. It could be staying in and chilling watching a movie, going out to dinner or out around campus or one of the other colleges. 

Pet Peeves: Sniffling, people who don’t say excuse me and wait for you to miraculously know that they’re trying to get by you and people that don’t say thank you.

Hidden Talent: I’m not sure how much of a talent this is… I’m really petite but I always manage to have an appetite and eat A LOT especially if it’s some of my favorite food (like Thai or Indian) or if it is chocolate (I’m a huge chocoholic). 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Well I’ll be 29… so by then definitely living in New York City, because there is NO better city to live in! As of now I have no idea what I want to do with my life but hopefully, I’ll have a job that involves helping people.

Sophie Jasinski is a sophomore English major and Arts and Society minor at Mount Holyoke College. Originally from North Jersey, she spends most of her time in New York City. When Sophie isn’t studying in the library she loves to dance ballet, drink chai lattes, dig through vintage clothes, hang out with friends, and play tennis. Sophie is also a staff writer for the Mount Holyoke News. Last summer, Sophie interned with Donna Karan and hopes to intern for a fashion magazine in New York this summer. Sophie aspires to be the next Anna Wintour. Watch out world!!