How to spend the most of your last days in this academic year.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

In less than three weeks, the 2021-2022 academic year will come to an end. Time flies fast and this can be a good or bad thing. Some of us are anxiously counting down while the rest of us do not want the year to come to an end. If you feel like there was a lot of wasted time during the fall and spring semesters, fear not because you can still end the year on a wholesome note. 

Spend time with the people that make you happy. Yes, finals are approaching and you just want to spend every waking moment in the library or the student center. However, if you isolate yourself from people, you will miss out on a lot of memories. If you are going for dinner, text a friend and ask if they’d like to join you. Through these little and casual conversations, you will get to know more about your friend and form an even stronger bond. 

Go for the campus events that interest you. The spring fling is gone and there are no more plays to see. However, there are still events on campus that seem very interesting. In these events, you get to participate in fun activities, meet new people and form new experiences. In terms of meeting new people, if you do not say hi to the person sitting next to you, nothing might happen. Say hi, compliment their outfit, hair, nails, phone case, or anything else. 

Make a checklist of the things you want to do. If you want to have breakfast at a certain restaurant before the semester comes to an end, put it down. When you make a checklist, you have a clear sense of the experiences or memories you want to have by the end of the year. However, it is important to be realistic about your list. If you want to visit a far city such as San Francisco, I doubt it will be possible during the grueling finals week.

Have a plan. Three weeks left means you have twenty-one days to cross out the items on your checklist. Make a plan on how you want to spend each day. Sometimes life happens and a day might not go according to plan so be kind to yourself. If you were meant to be up by 6:00 am on a Saturday but you slept in, it’s okay. 

Lastly, look back at your semester at the times you were happy. You probably had a more entertaining year than you are giving credit to. Laughing with your friends in your dorm hall is as important as walking on the streets of New York. If you were happy and fulfilled, that is all that matters. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com

Hi there! I am a Mount Holyoke student who is an ABBA enthusiast. I love binge-watching multiple shows, eating cereal, and scrolling through Tiktok. I hope to have a collection of ABBA, The Beatles, and Queen merch before I am 21.