This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

After watching the live finale of Dancing with the Stars season 32, I have very mixed opinions. I am thrilled with the results because I love Jason and Xochitl, and I am so happy they both made the top two. Everyone’s finale dance was incredible, and my jaw was constantly dropped by how well everyone did. Although I love all the dances and contestants, there were some things about the episode that left me very confused and frustrated. In the two categories below, I will list some of the things that I loved and some that were a little weird.

What is going on??

Throughout the three-hour finale, there were some elements that stood out to me, and not in a good way. One of these were the commercials. With the episode being three hours long, there were obviously going to be plenty of commercials. But these were way too long and way too frequent. They took away from being present and watching the show with anticipation, because the continuity was broken by these long commercials. The length of the episode was also due to having five finalists instead of the usual four. In my opinion, I feel like Alison should not have been there. She did not add anything by being in the finale, and it would’ve been perfectly fine if she was eliminated in the semi-finals. She lacked a lot of the dancing skills that the other contestants had. 

LOVE!

I absolutely LOVED all of the contestants and pros that made it to the finals. The fact that Daniella and Pasha were the first married couple to make it to the finals together was so cute. I am definitely going to miss the relationships between the cast, because you can definitely tell they are all close and care for each other. Xochitl and Val’s relationship was especially endearing given Val’s reputation as “Dad Val.” The performances were also top notch. Charity’s cheerleading skills that were shown out of nowhere was absolutely insane. Jason’s lip syncing in the redemption round was adorable. Alison using “Enchanted” as her song for the freestyle was an amazing choice. Xochitl’s freestyle had my full attention and was so mesmerizing. Ariana was sophisticated and gorgeous. Everyone did so well in this finale, and I love them all so much.

Paige Jones

Mt Holyoke '27

Hey! I am a student at Mount Holyoke College, I am 19 and use she/her pronouns.