Campus Celeb: Samantha Miorin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Samantha Miorin

Year: 2014

Major: Forensic Biology

Minor: Theater Arts

Hometown: Wynantskill, NY

What do you love most about looking at dead people?

Maybe I’ve watched too many crime shows but I want to spend my life solving homicides and helping people that way. It’s also a puzzle… you get to put the pieces together and figure out the mystery of someone’s death.

What inspired your theater arts minor?

I’ve been acting since kindergarten and theater has always been a part of my life. Although I don’t want to do it professionally, I still love acting as a hobby and as a stress release from my schoolwork.

Why did you choose to go to Mount Holyoke?

I chose Mount Holyoke because it felt like home. The community here is so welcoming, the women here are so inspiring. I’m glad I made the choice to come here because its made me a better person through my interaction with professors and peers.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In the middle of my residency and hopefully starting a family. I also will have started a community theater program in my hometown.

What would be your spirit animal and why?

I would be a Chesapeake Bay Retriever because they have a bright and happy disposition, and because they love water.

If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you have?

CHOCOLATE! Or my mom’s macaroni salad! I’d want both… just not together.

Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.