Campus Celeb: Gabriella Crimi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Gabriella Crimi

Class Year: 2015

Hometown: New Hope, PA

Major: Undecided, perhaps economics

Minor/Second Major: French or Arabic

What do you love most about being the 2015 class president? I love planning events that will bring my classmates together!  I am happy that my work as class president allows me to contribute to this tight-knit community.  Most importantly, it is a pleasure to work with the members of the Class Board of 2015.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? I would like to be living in a foreign country, learning a new language and culture.

When you aren’t too busy being an awesome president, what do you like to do? Last semester I greatly enjoyed exploring Northampton on the weekends.  On campus, I am usually found relaxing in my room watching Netflix or at the gym.

What is your opinion on the recent rumors that Mount Holyoke maybe going co-ed? When I first heard this rumor, I was very upset.  In just one semester, I had already realized what an incredible experience attending an all-women’s college was.  I knew there was still so much more I could learn from this community of women.  I didn’t want our community to change.  However, my fears were eased after President Lynn Pasquerella visited Senate.  She reassured us that there were no current plans to make Mount Holyoke co-ed.  Rather, it is necessary that the college research the financial facts of going co-ed so they are prepared.

Who is your role model? Audrey Hepburn.  Her poise, intelligence, and dedication as a UNICEF ambassador has always inspired me.  I keep plenty of photos and quotes of hers in my room to motivate me after a hard day.

What do you bring to our wonderfully diverse college in terms of culture? I believe the experiences I had on my gap year between high school and Mount Holyoke, where I traveled to Morocco, Spain, France, and Kenya, has allowed me to have in-depth conversations with my peers about places and concerns far from South Hadley.

Can we look forward to anything exciting planned by the Class Board of 2015 this semester? Golden Sphinxes should be excited to know that the class board is planning an event with our grandmother class for this spring.  I am eager to meet with these wonderful women again!  All Mohos should look out for pins made by the class board of 2015.  They are fun, spirited, and only $1!

Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.