Campu Celeb: Izzy Bisese

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Name: Izzy Bisese

Year: 2015

Major/minor: History (still undeclared)/education

Hometown: College Park, MD (basically DC)

What is your favorite movie? The Princess Bride

Favorite food on campus? Prospect Culinary Show Case, or any gracious dinner.

Activities:
– Glee Club
– Project Theatre
– Rugby (social member)
– horseback riding (my horse is boarded here)
– two jobs
– I own my own photography business

Oh, wow! Just looking at that makes my head hurt. How do you balance these activities?

I don’t sleep. I’m kidding, I actually sleep more than most people I know. Time management is key. Personally I had horrible time management in high school, but I wanted to really do everything when I came to college– I signed up for every club– and the only way to keep up with it all is to write everything down and stick to the schedule.

Why did you choose Mount Holyoke? 

I chose Mount Holyoke because it offered everything I wanted. When it came down to it I was between here or a BFA acting program in NYC– and while I loved both for different reason the academics at Mount Holyoke was inspiring to me. It amazed me that I could go so far in fields that I was interested in, while continuing to ride at a high level and do theatre.

Where do you see yourself going in the next years at MHC? 

I see myself continuing on the path that I’m on. Hopefully I will be in more PT shows, and do more crazy, impulsive things with my friends. For instance a friend and I are talking about starting a sing-a-long non-audition a cappella type group that would occupy the green on nice nights and just belt away. I’d also like to have a radio show for at least one semester and take more advantage of the five-colleges. And of course I want to continue achieving in my riding.

You seem to be very dedicated to riding. Can you elaborate a bit more?

I have been riding since I was four years old, and I have been competing since I was a kid. Horses have been in my life for such a long time that I couldn’t even begin to think about leaving them behind when I went to college. My first year I did not have a horse on campus, but I rode in PE lessons and the PE riding program is spectacular. This year I have a horse here and it is honestly the best thing in the world, it is so fantastic to wake up and just go to the barn and see my pony every day. It is a huge time commitment but totally worth it.

You have settled in here very well and know what you want! Any advice for first-years?

DO EVERYTHING! Literally, just get your hands in everything. Meet everyone. Do everything.

Elizabeth is a sophmore at Mount Holyoke College in South Hadley, Massachusetts and is studying Politics and Journalism. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, she enjoys reading, dancing, running, dessert, and her summer job as a windsurfing instructor on Lake Michigan.