This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, Annaliese Smith, ‘18, has more than a few quirks up her sleeve. “I really like bunnies,” she tells us. “I have, like, bunny-vision. I can spot them on campus faster than anyone else can.” Along with bunny-spotting, the Seattle-area native cites her second and third hobbies as salsa dancing and improv comedy. Newly single after a three-year, long-distance relationship, Smith joked that she’s now “on the prowl,” immediately followed by a series of cat-like noises.

What is your ideal partner like?

Okay with me swearing, cooks for me, massage therapist, likes to go hiking, salsa dancing champion… height isn’t really an issue for me. Neither is chest hair, but I can appreciate it.

Describe the best date you’ve ever been on.

[My previous boyfriend and I] Never really went on dates, it was more like hanging out together. The best date was probably when my parents were away for the weekend. We’d wake up in the morning, walk my dog, take a Jacuzzi bath… and then go out for Thai food. It was excellent.

Have you had a worst date?

I was horribly awkward with kissing, I probably yanked hair out of his head trying to be romantic. But the worst thing ever was when we were at his house and we were kissing, and I was like, “yes, I’m gonna touch his hair like that YouTube tutorial taught me, it’ll be great.” But his dad didn’t really like me… his dad’s like 7 feet. He just flicked on the lights, walked in, and he was towering above us with this expression like, “What the hell are you doing?”

Puppies or kittens?

Puppies, all the way. My first word was “dog.”

What’s your guilty pleasure?

I really like graphic novels. I know you can read them in an hour and be done with them, but I just like going back through them and looking at the art. I want Rat Queens, I want Saga, I want Afterlife with Archie, which is like a zombie horror version of the wholesome Archie comic.

Favorite member of One Direction?

Zayn, hands down.

Celebrity crush?

Ezra Miller is the most gorgeous person! And young Johnny Depp is beautiful.

Favorite hometown place?

I actually live on an island, and it’s shaped like a foot. It can be very isolating, a lot of teenagers who live there think it’s boring. But there’s this one part called Luther Burbank that’s really beautiful. People get married there, and there’s this land sculpture that’s, like, concentric circles, like ripples in a pond when you throw a pebble. You can just hang out on the docks and talk with your friends.

Favorite dessert?

Tiramisu. I can also appreciate fudge.

Why did you choose Mount Holyoke?

I was very ambivalent about choosing a women’s college. I was like how some firsties are now, like, “Will I ever have a boyfriend? Will I forget how to interact with a man?” But it’s just an awesome school. We have great teachers, we have a nice vibe. We’re a cool, friendly community that I’m really proud to be a part of. And on a more superficial level, I think our food is good and our campus is really nice.

Jessica Noe

Mt Holyoke

Jess Noé was born and raised at the Jersey Shore (not the one seen on TV.) A sophomore at MHC, she is studying English, journalism, media and broadcast. Along with writing for Her Campus, she hosts a radio show for WMHC, where she would LIKE to play "Burnin' Up" by the Jonas Brothers on repeat for the entirety of her two-hour weekly show, but sadly, she is very much not allowed to do so. Jess hopes to someday own a private beach, where she will live with her many, many dogs and her husband, Zayn Malik. While writing this bio, she saw a spider, screamed, and retreated to another room. She is terribly afraid of bugs.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.