Life > Academics

A Day in My Life As a Student at Mount Holyoke College

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

I wanted to write this article to give other college students (or prospective Mount Holyoke students!) a glimpse into my day. This is what a typical day looks like for me, and I hope you all enjoy it!

8:30 a.m. Almost every morning, my alarm goes off at 8:30. I get up and get ready for the day, and my roommate and I walk to breakfast together.

9:00 a.m. This morning, I had greek yogurt with granola, green tea, and an apple cider donut for breakfast! 
10:00 a.m.

BKunOgfX74VaQKSB PJ mOc

My first class of the day, American Literature 1, starts at 10 a.m. It’s an English class, so we follow a discussion style model. 

11:15 a.m.

vxkY3dtcrqM U87ZyKeT3SHsxmc28vAZKMkGh9oaQlonZ3T5Rey8dCPSyIq4l7P1HnER4qMt 2MteGVKIOdS3TZUrV3WEBu2SpgAGb pP3t4mgqjdp67W1WuqF5ugrjNJnCEFSMVh2z2wi DXgYRBoI

After this class wraps up, it’s time for me to go to my Creative Writing class. Today, we met in one of the museums on campus. The trees on campus are starting to change, and it was such a gorgeous fall walk.

12:30 p.m. After this class, my friend and I walked to lunch. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and some french fries.

1:15 p.m

1hmxzRjSB2MH9pvvU76ed4yuwPKiB3K1m7 0cFyTUUfYcDdvr6iXHKyIA9CwTVyFXHsM63hn2cLLnfEWKp1wDzxfEzWYn1Cf0R9p FaJOzWT

I had some time before my next obligation, so I sat outside of the gym for a bit and read some of the book that we’re reading for my American literature class. 

1:45 p.m. Today was the first day of my Walking for Fitness class! Today, we went over the syllabus and did attendance, so we got to leave early. 

2:00 p.m

5udX87ALZ3PckdaXGYZRUB5VOcjXwXyQjUjM5lURb5KLOmrhnp5Jj2joAuDn75dRTlGXieGMz Yj koAraHaP kQVCoqM44sKO9jw9jrshCHyZnFuphPJOZGyE yAEs3fHnYZkrXYhjYHO7tSYgrOVc

After I left the gym, I decided to go to the library to get some studying done. I finished up some reading for my American Literature class and got started on some of my Sociology assignments. 

5:00 p.m. Time for dinner! I had some delicious chicken alfredo. 

6:00 p.m.

UiQ0CRHlrcCA9 6wX7K71frT kNVtFr15Iavq CkuzoXZeGI4H XSCJnP2hhSn4ulMDUO RQBCZz0lLuKfPXeueiznAvgRR5tG35jJxnzNp1zcVXds4Dik2hlMyqBsme YCjpwhj9pR1JLRN1KhNpio

My friends and I went to an information session about getting funding for summer internships! This event was hosted by our lovely Career Development Center on campus.

8:30 p.m. I showered and started getting ready for bed.

9:00 p.m. I love having some free time in the evenings for some of my hobbies, so I worked on making some jewelry and then read my book. Right now, I’m reading Devil House by John Darnielle. 
11:00 pm Time for bed!

Eva Hanson

Mt Holyoke '26

Eva is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College, double-majoring in English and Sociology with a Nexus in Journalism, Media, and Public Discourse. She grew up in Seattle, Washington and now lives in Massachusetts for most of the year. She mostly writes about music, books, TV shows, and feminism. You can often find her curled up with a book (and maybe a cat, too!)