5 K-pop songs to make you feel like you’re in a romance movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Sometimes it’s great to just think of your life as a movie. As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, what better way to celebrate than pretend you’re living the plot of a romance movie? I think what sets a great romance (or any) movie apart from the rest is its soundtrack. From original songs to pre-existing ones, they create the atmosphere and mood of the movie. Here are five songs, each with a scene I see in a romance movie. 

“Some” by Bol4

This song is very cute, and the singer’s voice is bright, creating a very happy atmosphere. I imagine this song playing when the love interests see each other for the first time and realize they have feelings for each other. The song is all about being too nervous to confess, and I think this fits perfectly with realizing you have feelings, especially for someone who hasn’t been in a relationship before or who has a crush on a close friend.

“Just one Day” by BTS

This song is all about wanting one day to show you how much the singer would cherish and love you if given the chance. I think this song would play when the love interest is confessing their feelings to another. Or if it is an unrequited love from the start, the main character is lamenting how their crush doesn’t like them back. I feel like, although both of these scenarios are very different, this song perfectly fits the two scenes. 

“0X1=LOVESONG (I KNOW I LOVE YOU)” by TOMORROW X TOGETHER ft. Seori

Every romance movie has a scene where the couple has an argument/misunderstanding that drives them apart. I picture this song playing after that fight, and the love interests are missing each other. The song has just the right amount of angst while still being a love song. 

“Cinema” by CIX 

This is another bright song that I think would play after the love interests have made up and gotten back together. Based on the brightness of the song I feel like it would play over a montage of the couple doing fun and cute things together. As the song title suggests, this song is about comparing friendship/love to movies that will last forever, and I think that matches the vibe of this scene perfectly.

“Peaches” by Kai

I picture this song playing while the couple is on a date, just being so totally involved with each other that they don’t notice anyone else around them. This song is smooth and soft, and just creates that vibe of smiling and blushing when thinking about your significant other. (If you like this song I highly recommend checking out Vanilla by Kai as well).

I hope that if you listen to these songs you start to feel like the main character. And Netflix if you’re reading this, don’t steal my movie ideas. Happy listening! 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.    

Michaela Phelan

Mt Holyoke '22

I am an international relations and economics double major who just likes movies, books, and music!