10 Songs That You Need to Add to Your Playlist This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

Fall is here and once again it’s time to grab a warm cup of tea and your favorite pair of fuzzy socks. The leaves on the trees are starting to change and the weather is getting cooler. It’s the perfect combination of absolutely everything: the fashion, the weather, and the general fall vibes. Halloween is coming soon, and we get to enjoy pumpkin spice. Another thing that we get to appreciate is the songs that remind us of the beautiful autumn season. Here are 10 songs that you need to add to your playlist this fall.

1. Ed Sheeran – “Autumn Leaves”

This song doesn’t need a long explanation. “Autumn Leaves” by Ed Sheeran makes you want to grab a blanket, a good book, and truly appreciate the season. 

1. girl in red – “we fell in love in october”

This perfect fall love song is all about falling in love with someone and sparking a greater appreciation for the season. “we fell in love in october” makes you want to go on a walk through the woods, and think about what fall means to you.

1. Taylor Swift – “All Too Well”

“All Too Well” is one of Taylor Swift’s most popular songs and it’s a fall favorite for many people. It’s laced with autumnal imagery including autumn leaves, cold air, and plaid shirts. Listening to this song will get you ready for Red (Taylor’s Version), which is coming out on November 12th. It will feature a 10-minute version of the song.

1. The Neighbourhood – “Sweater Weather”

It can certainly feel cold during the fall months, this song will make you want to grab your coziest sweater and enjoy the beauty of the autumn weather.

1. The Paper Kites – “Woodland” 

This song is reminiscent of a childhood fall. Talking about playing in autumn sunlight and bringing about images of sunny forests, it makes you want to go outside and explore all of the beautiful fall foliage. 

6. Lana Del Rey – “Cinnamon Girl” 

“Cinnamon Girl” has the best chill vibes for fall. There’s something about this song that makes you want to listen on repeat. And with the word cinnamon in the title, it will remind you of all of your favorite fall treats.

7. Bon Iver – “Flume”

Many people consider Bon Iver the king of fall music and this song in particular seems to be exactly what you would expect from a melancholic fall song, in all of the best ways. 

8. Mt. Joy – “Younger Days”

This song is slow-paced and is perfect to listen to while reading or going for a drive to look at the beautiful fall scenery. This indie-rock tune is sure to become one of your new favorites this fall.

9. Yoke Lore – “Beige” 

This song uses the word “fall” more times than any other song on this list. The mellow beat creates the perfect fall energy. The colorful imagery of the song is very fitting for the autumn season.

10. Lord Huron – “The Night We Met”

If you’re on TikTok, you have probably heard this song trending recently. Truthfully, any Lord Huron song could easily fit into a fall playlist, but this song has the perfect vibe for the autumn season. 

Fall is a time like no other, with the crisp air and the beauty of the scenery. It deserves to be celebrated, and there’s no greater way to do that than with a perfect playlist. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Grace Ryhlick

Mt Holyoke '25

Hi! I'm Grace, a third year art history student at Mount Holyoke College. Some of my favorite things are cats, tea, baking, photography, and visiting museums. I also love traveling, and I hope to explore more places soon!