This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MS State chapter.

Students are always looking for help with studying. While much advice is given about what snacks to eat and what apps to use while studying, not many people know that scents can also lead the wat to A’s this Fall. Whether you use scented candles, sprays, air diffusers, or plug-in air fresheners, there is bound to be a way for every college student to utilize the power of scent to step up their study regimen.

Four Scents suited for studying:

Lavender:

Lavender is known for its calming effects and can help ease test anxiety when studying for and taking exams!

Mint:

Mint helps individuals focus on the task at hand is known for its uses in many food and beauty products. This is a great scent to use when writing an important paper on a tight deadline.

Cinnamon:

Cinnamon is not just great to eat in baked goods but also can help beat that fatal fatigue that sets in during finals season

Jasmine:

Jasmine can help boost confidence and combat mild fatigue and depression. This is perfect for a little boost after a stressful day.

Don’t forget to check with your RA if you live in a dorm for rules on candle use ;)

~Lucy Meehan

Hi, my name is Reagan Thornley! :) I am currently a Business Administration student at Mississippi State with a completed minor in Political Science. Outside of Her Campus, I write for Juiced! Zine (https://juiceourmagazine.wixsite.com/mysite) and Crates Music Blog. Feel free to email me at jrtm.thornley@gmail.com with upcoming music events, artist/band suggestions, and travel tips and suggestions(especially food)! P.S. Donʻt forget to follow my adventures on my Instagram @lady_gk_