Style

Stop What You’re Doing Because Bucket Hats Are Making a Comeback In 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montevallo chapter.

2019 was the year of  remarkable winter trends such as obsessing over animal prints, strutting down the streets in chunky dad sneakers, and wearing gold hoops with virtually every outfit. Well, move over 2019, because 2020 came to dominate with a major throwback from the ’90s…that’s right, Bucket Hats (and this time they’re fuzzy). 

In early 2019, Billie Eilish reintroduced the concept of the Bucket Hat in a modern era by pairing it with traditionally masculine pieces such as bulky jackets and cargo shorts, an aesthetic that many teenagers have jumped on board with. 

But now, the Bucket Hat is ready to reclaim its throne as the essential accessory for winter 2020. This time it’s fuzzy, pastel, animal print, and ready to be rocked with any and every piece in your closet.

Everyday Casual

Just because you associate bucket hats with a 90s themed mixer doesn’t mean you have to go all out with a tube top and glittery lip gloss. Pair a simple champagne colored bucket hat with your everyday blouse, a pair of jeans, and some chunky dad sneakers (because those totally made it into 2020).

Bringing Sexy Back

Bucket hats are not limited to your snowday outfit; you can also wear them with a satin slip dress on a Friday night.

Bucket Hat Business Chic

What better to pair with a blazer than a bucket hat? Strut down the aisles of your office rocking this chic trendy look. 

Mixing Patterns For the Win

Sure, cheetah was the print of 2019, but now it’s time to embrace the cow prints this winter season. Mixing prints was a fashion no-no at one point, but now it’s fair game to mix and match as you please. 

Julia Gigis is a Multimedia Journalism major at The University of Montevallo. She currently is a marketing intern for RFG Advisory and StrongHer Money. You probably know her as the girl that "dates without dating apps" on Tik Tok, generating over 6 million views and 59k+ followers. In her free time, Julia likes to brunch and take pretentious photos with lattes.