photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Why Every Girl Should Own Her Own Planner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Are you the type to have a chaotic life? Are you a procrastinator and forget about assignments that are due until 20 minutes before the deadline?  Feeling too frazzled to accomplish your tasks? Well, I got you covered sis! 

I have a way for you ladies to keep it together this year. Start using a planner. They come in all different types of designs; such as colors, themes, sizes, formats, digital (for the tech-savvy girl), and the list goes on. Just pick the one that best fits your personality.

There are different ways to organize your planner! For example, color-coding your schoolwork, your workout day, your important dates, your dates with your S.O., etc. 

Now here are my favorite reasons why every girl should own her planner…

1. Helps you be more ORGANIZED-  Probably one of the biggest reasons why you ladies would want your own planner. No one likes their minds boggled with a million things to do. Take those million thoughts and put them on paper in an organized manner. It can help you feel more organized when life gets chaotic.

2. It takes the STRESS off- Planners can make you feel like you have a handle on things. Waking up every morning and following your daily planner takes the stress away from thinking you may have forgotten something or not get everything done.

3. It’s a great aid for TIME MANAGEMENT- Do you ever feel you don’t have enough time to finish everything you need to do? Well don’t worry sis, I DID TOO! With a planner, you can plan out your day and schedule your tasks to ensure nothing is forgotten.  

4. It improves your PRODUCTIVITY- By scheduling out tasks you may find you have some free time you were not aware of and can fit more into your schedule. 

5. Use it as a RECORD KEEPER- Remembering special events such as birthdays and anniversaries is always a special way of using your planner. You will find yourself smiling reflecting on your memories. But, it is also helpful when scheduling personal appointments because you refer back to your last visit such as doctors appointments.

Kyra Reyes

Montclair '23

Kyra Reyes is a senior at Montclair State University, she is majoring in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Business Administration. She is currently an Events Director at Her Campus Montclair. Kyra is passionate in writing and with her articles she hopes to share a little bit of her knowledge. Because she is so dedicated to social media you can trust her to keep you in the loop with the new fashion trends and go-to styles in every editorial. Her interests includes social media, event planning, and spreading a little love around Her Campus. In her free time you can find her testing out new makeup trends, latest hot foodie spots, and talking to her boo.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.