This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Fashion and beauty have built up a storm on Instagram. It’s given normal people a step into becoming influencers and have made their followers feel inspired enough to make their own fashion accounts. I have a couple of go-to fashion Instagram accounts that I follow because they cater to different audiences, and make you feel like you’re a part of a community.

“suki”@shop_suki, https://www.suki.la/new

Suki is a successful online shop that specializes in finding vintage clothing from Los Angeles, and reselling them through their store and marketing the products through Instagram. Suki is able to gather a lot of unique pieces, and some that are from vintage luxury brands, like Chanel and YSL. Their aesthetic on Instagram focuses a lot on having a bright, warm color palette while also focusing on having a few neutral colors throughout each post, such as beige/white backgrounds and foliage for those sunny LA vibes. Although the prices might not be affordable for some, I believe getting inspiration from their outfit compositions is something I get inspired from

Aimee Song, @aimeesong + @songofstyle

Aimee has never been more impactful than in the last few years, as she’s gained attention of fashion designers and fashion enthusiasts, like myself. She’s been a fan of many different designers like self-portrait, Louis Vuitton, and Oscar de la Renta. As she has this great platform to show her love and passion for fashion, she also talks about real things – like snacks! If you follow Aimee, especially during Fashion Week, she will have a few stories showing her BTS like getting ready for shows and getting different snacks – like trail mixes, chips, AND SO MANY CHIPS. 

She’s built a community of people and has gotten close to her followers, and this quickly led to the development of her own fashion brand, Song of Style. Within her own brand, she seeks to give opportunities targeted to students like intern positions and likes to help them build their resume with new skills they can obtain through first-hand experiences of clothing production. As a Korean-American entrepreneur, Aimee is a force to be reckoned with and I’m always looking forward to which collection she’s going to be launching next, and what type of chips she currently likes.

Ashley, @best.dressed

Someone who’s my age, loves fashion, and has an immense amount of random knowledge – sign me up! There’s something cool seeing Ashley, someone who is this awkward 21-year-old, making these drastic life decisions, i.e. moving from LA to NYC. She carries out her projects and finds the right clothes because she’s passionate about it, and it’s something that I have in common with her. Her passion for fashion runs deep in vintage clothing and thrifting and it inspires me to thrift a lot more, and check out a lot of her recommendations of stores as our perception for prices of clothing is also similar. 

Besides the point of fashion, I find it easier to connect with her, because we’re at similar points in our lives and she may be living alone, but I’ll be doing that within the next two years, and will love some guidance on that. I also realized I love making and building things on my own, like making a homemade clothing rack or putting up wallpaper; I’ve been more creative with putting things together with my hands ever since I can remember. I’ve gotten more confidence with building and customizing things to my own liking because of what I’ve seen through Ashley’s  YouTube videos. If you’re reading this and you’re in your 20s as well, I think you might see a lot of similarities or even have the chance to appreciate Ashley’s passionate work ethic.

Harmeen is a student at Montclair State University, New Jersey and is majoring in Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing. Of course, besides being a Marketing student, she's interested in fashion and lifestyle, and motivated to write unique pieces for her interests.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.