Vibe with Our Tribe: Allyssa Jade Acevedo, 5 Songs to Kick off the New Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

2018 has officially arrived. What better way to start the New Year than with an amazing new playlist? As the holidays come to a close and we make our way back to class, it’s out with the old and in with the new! Get your Spotify ready because here are 5 great songs you’ll definitely want to save! 

Good Girls by LANY

This is such a fun and upbeat song. Try listening to it while getting ready for class or walking around campus! It is sure to boost your mood. 

Doubt (Summer Edit) by Shallou

The beat of this song makes me happy every time I turn it on. It has a flowery and light sound that is so energetic! Perfect for those early mornings where you just can’t seem to muster up enough energy of your own. 

Eventually by Tame Impala

If this song were a person, it would be a kid in ripped jeans, a band tee, bright high-top Vans, and sunglasses strolling down the sidewalk on a summer day. Trust me, it’s just as cool and bright as they are.  

Fading by Vallis Alps

Vallis Alps is a newer group that I’ve found while listening to my Discover playlist on Spotify, and I am SO happy I did. Give this song a listen and maybe you’ll understand why! With a similar light and flowery vibe to that of Shallou, this is great for those early mornings where you’re desperately trying to wake up and coffee alone isn’t cutting it.

Westside by The Kooks

This song isn’t necessarily new, but it is so great! Westside has a funky summery vibe to it that makes you feel like you should be dancing on a beach somewhere in your best high-waisted swimsuit. The weather isn’t exactly agreeing with that, but this song gives us hope! 

Vibe with Our Tribe is an original segment of Her Campus Montclair. In this segment, the featured contributing writer shares at least five of their favorite songs and why they love them. 

Photo Sources: 2, 3

Allyssa is an English major at Montclair State University. In her spare time she enjoys writing and reading poetry, exploring New York City, strolling through art museums, and driving with the windows down, jamming to The 1975.  
Danielle has held various positions at Her Campus Montclair. Starting as a Contributing Writer during her sophomore year at MSU in 2015, she later became President & Editor-in-Chief during her senior year in 2017. She completed her B.A. in Communication & Media Arts with a minor in Leadership Development at Montclair State University in January 2018. Besides writing, she's a lover of cozy cafés, good lyrics, inspiring speeches, mountainous retreats, and sunsets on the skyline. She enjoys capturing the moment and has a passion for travel and discovery. You can often find her exploring NYC or venturing to one of her favorite East Coast spots.