This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and you may be struggling with what to do on the love-filled day. If you are, you came to the right place. Here are some date ideas for the big day that you can do with your significant other, family, friends or even alone for some self love. 

Have a DIY Spa Day

It may not be in everyone’s budget to go to an actual spa, but having a spa day at home can be just as fun and relaxing. This date can be done with anyone or by yourself. Light some candles, put on a face mask, give each other makeovers; the possibilities are endless.  

Cook Something New

Have you ever wanted to make ratatouille? Well, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to try. You and your partner (or friends) can pick a new dish and work together to make it from scratch. It takes a typical dinner date to a whole new level. 

Target Swap

For this date, all you need is a price limit and Target. You and whoever you are spending the day with visit the store and pick a few categories of things to buy each other. Some examples could be “something you need” or “something in your favorite color.” You will then shop separately for each other filling the preset categories. This is a fun way to get each other a cute little gift while also having a good time. 

Playlist Drive 

This one is super simple and is exactly what it sounds like. You and whoever you’re with make playlists of songs you love or remind you of the other person and your relationship. You then go for a long drive together listening to the playlists, explaining the song meanings to each other.

Make A Bucket List

Now is the perfect time to plan a bucket list for this summer or even this semester. You can simply make a list on your phone or get creative with it and decorate an actual bucket. No matter how you make it, coming up with things you want to do with someone is super fun and can bring you two closer.

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.