This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Being a twin is always my claim to fame on the first day of classes at the start of a new semester. You know when the professor asks everyone to share an interesting fact about themselves on the first day of class? Every semester without fail I share that I have a twin sister.  My twin Alexa and I are the best of friends, and I couldn’t imagine life any other way. Most people assume that all twins are identical, but we’re definitely fraternal in every sense of the word. We look nothing alike, have completely different personalities, and have totally different interests.

Over the years, Alexa and I have definitely had our fair share in being asked if we have ever experienced twin telepathy. For those of you who don’t know, twin telepathy can be described as a psychic connection between a set of twins. This includes: finishing each other’s sentences, feeling the same physical pain and a lot more.

So the real question is… have Alexa and I ever experienced this twin telepathy? Yes. Over the course of our lives, my twin and I have experienced situations that are too weird to be considered coincidences. The weirdest connection my twin sister and I ever had was back in 2011. One night, Alexa had a nightmare that I had broken my arm. The very next day, I broke two bones in my left arm. Maybe you think that might just be a coincidence, but what are the odds?

The most frequent connection Alexa and I have relates to music. We can be hanging out together, and I’ll either a play a song on my phone or sing a part of it, totally at random, and Alexa will freak out because that exact song was just stuck in her head. We’ve even dm’d each other the same tweets at the same exact time!

Telepathy is different for each set of twins. For example, in 2009 a teenage girl had a random gut feeling that told her to check on her twin. She wound up finding her twin sister unconscious and drowning in their bathtub. This instance is way more than just a coincidence, and definitely has to do with a psychic connection! The website, Thought Co. where I found this information, claims that twin telepathy exists amongst all twins, and can be proven in various ways.

If you have a twin, I encourage you to test out this theory of twin telepathy! Maybe you’ll will uncover a connection that you and your twin never knew you were capable of.

Briele Wallace

Montclair '22

Briele is a sophomore at Montclair State University, majoring in Fashion Studies. She loves fashion, makeup, watching Netflix, and spending time with her family and friends!
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.