Culture > News

Trump Said What Now? A Look Back at All of Trump’s Craziest Tweets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

11 times the president embarrassed not only himself but the entire country. 

Have you ever posted something dumb on social media and deleted it minutes after? If so, congratulations, you have self-awareness! Some people are too delusional to realize they may have offended someone, said something insensitive, or made a mistake; including the president of the United States. Let’s dive into some of Trump’s craziest tweets.

“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”

Not only is this an insane claim to make, but it also shows how Trump doesn’t believe in climate change, which he has made clear numerous times. The leader of our country not believing in the number one threat to our planet is not something we Americans should be proud of.

“I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”

Donald is blatantly fat shaming people. Not what we typically want in a president. Besides that, in 2018 The New York Times reported Trump himself drinks 12 diet cokes each day. Is he making fun of himself?

“26,000 unreported sexual assaults in the military- only 238 convictions. What did these geniuses expect when they put men and women together?”

Now, we all know Trump isn’t a feminist, but openly defending sexual assault? Blaming the victims? Saying that men raping women, is expected behavior? Could it possibly get any worse?

“If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband, what makes her think she can satisfy America?”

It’s the misogynistic, inappropriate, unprofessional and disrespectful behavior for me. 

“An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that @BarackObama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”

Usually, when you put something in quotes, it’s because it’s make-believe. So who told you this one Donald? An imaginary friend? Yesterday, an ‘extremely credible source’ told me that you still wear diapers. Care to comment?

“I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.”

On a day about honor, respect, and grief, Trump still manages to throw some hate into the mix. I’m not sure who taught you your vocabulary Donald, but most people don’t use the word special to describe tragedies.

“To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NOT LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!”

This tweet truly blows my mind. Trump takes to Twitter to address the Iranian President and threatens him publicly while calling him out for his violence. That’s like yelling at someone for yelling too loud. Does that seem like a good problem-solving method?

“So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill, Greta, Chill!”

Not only is Trump taking the time out of his very busy day to bully a 16-year-old girl, but this is not the first time he attacked her passion and hard work, two things he knows nothing about. Sorry Trump, but some people care about the state of our earth. Like, skip school to cross the ocean and speak in front of the United Nations and Congress care. She’s doing your job. What were you doing at the age of 16?

“Why is Obama playing basketball today? That is why our country is in trouble!”

This tweet is one of my favorites. Not only is Trump criticizing Obama for taking a short, much-needed break from his crazy job as the POTUS, but he is making it seem like he would do better. Meanwhile, on the same day that Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School buried their loved ones killed in the school shooting, Trump was golfing just 45 miles away. He also decided to take a day off to go golfing during a global pandemic, because you know, everything in the world seemed to be going well enough that he deserved a break.

“It’s Friday. How many bald eagles did wind turbines kill today? They are an environmental and aesthetic disaster.”

Not only are wind turbines sustainable renewable energy, a clean fuel source and reduce the use of fossil fuels, but they create local employment. In 2007, Trump said he was excited and saw the mortgage crisis coming, the one where millions of Americans lost their jobs and homes; but hey, he made more money! We’re just trying to clean up your mess Donald! And guess what? Your face isn’t too aesthetically pleasing to look at either! 

“Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest- and you all know it! Please don’t feel stupid or insecure, it’s not your fault”

In the tradition of saving best for last, here’s a classic. I’m pretty sure one of the things you need to understand is how to use proper punctuation, not just to have a high IQ, but to pass fifth grade. 

Student at Montclair State University majoring in Journalism.
Lauren Clemente recent graduate from Montclair State University who studied Communication and Media Arts. She held the role of President and Co-Campus Correspondent, as well as Editor-in-Chief at Her Campus Montclair. She loves all things to do with content creation, fashion + beauty and traveling the world.