This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

By Hailey Mayewski

Contributing Writer 

If you are anything like me, your favorite part of the big game is the halftime show and commercials. Here is my list of the top 10 best advertisements during Super Bowl LVII.

10. KIA: “Binky Dad”

This video features a family checking into a hotel when the dad realizes that he left the baby’s favorite binky at home. He then begins an epic journey that increasingly gets more coverage until the whole world is cheering him on. The whole time he is driving in a new KIA vehicle. When he finally gets back with the binky, the baby spits it out because he grabbed the wrong color. This video was very entertaining and was definitely a stand-out of the evening. 

9. T-Mobile Home Internet: “New year. New neighbor.”

The musical theater kid in me was freaking out over this commercial. Grease star, John Travolta, is having internet installed into his house and begins singing a parody of “Summer Loving” from “Grease,” when his new neighbors join in to tell him all the perks of T-Mobile’s home internet services. I loved the creativity in this commercial and the way they used Travolta to sing a song that he is famous for. 

8. Fenty Beauty: Rihanna’s Halftime Performance

OK, this is not technically an official Super Bowl commercial, but Rihanna pausing in her performance to apply some Fenty Beauty powder was genius marketing. She really took that opportunity to not only sing and dance but also sell her beauty line. I thought it was a subtle, but smart advertising idea. 

7. Dunkin’: “‘Drive Through’ Starring Ben”

This commercial featured Ben Affleck working the drive-through window at a Dunkin’ Donuts. What I really liked about this was that it showed real people’s reactions to seeing a celebrity at the window. My favorite part was when Jennifer Lopez pulls through and goes, “grab me a glazed.” Overall, I thought it was a cute idea. 

6. Tubi: “Interface Interruption” 

Talk about a jump scare! This commercial definitely got people talking. It appears to look like we are coming back from a commercial break when all of the sudden it seems like someone has started cueing up Tubi on the screen. The buzz about this has been all over social media. When this commercial played at my Super Bowl party, we all frantically started looking to see who had the remote controller. While this ad gave lots of viewers an immediate sense of stress, it was still a very clever marketing tactic that definitely got people buzzing. 

5. Sam Adams: “Your Cousin’s Brighter Boston”

This commercial had me cracking up. A man goes to check out at a liquor store when he notices the sign saying that Sam Adams Boston Lager is “now brighter.” The person scanning his items says, “Imagine that. A brighter Boston.” We then see the man imagine a bunch of scenarios of people in Boston being over-the-top nice to each other. We see people hugging, recycling, arguing because they want each other to have a parking spot, etc. Our main character is quickly pulled out of his imagination when the worker yells at him and explains that his card was declined. This commercial was funny and entertaining to watch.

4. Mr. Peanut: “The Roast Of Mr. Peanut” 

This commercial had me laughing right off the bat. They are at a roast fest, dishing out hard disses to Mr. Peanut. My favorite being, “I’ll make this quick Mr. Peanut, I know you’ve got some brownies to ruin.” People continue to come up and “roast” Mr. Peanut, until he eventually responds with, “wow that was brutal. I wish Planters would just kill me off again.” Not only was this funny, but it was also a great play on “roasted” peanuts. 

3. Amazon: “Saving Sawyer”

Tear jerker alert! This commercial showed what life was like for a dog as their family went back to school and work after the lockdown. Feeling lonely and neglected, the sad dog named Sawyer becomes very destructive around the house. We then see a frustrated family looking on Amazon for a new crate to put him in while they are gone. The crate comes in and we realize that it is not for Sawyer, but for a new dog. Now Sawyer has a best friend to play with while the family is gone. Although it took awhile to realize this was for Amazon, this commercial was beautiful.

2. Walt Disney Company: “Disney 100”

As a gigantic Disney fan, of course, this 100 years of Disney commercial made me cry. It begins by using a quote from “Encanto” that says to open your eyes. We then see a bunch of different characters opening their eyes. The commercial goes on to show clips of Disney movies, mixed with home videos of kids and adults dressed as characters and having fun in Disney. Throughout the commercial, inspiring quotes are displayed over the videos from our favorite Disney characters. It ends with Walt Disney saying thank you to artists, workers Disney fans as the screen goes black and reads, “you made this dream come true.” I am still getting sentimental as I write this. As someone who grew up with Disney, it is such a big part of my life, and this commercial really hits home. 

1.The Farmer’s Dog: “Forever (Super Bowl)”

Alright, now this one isn’t even a tear-jerker, it’s a sobbing machine. We see a little girl and her puppy that she promises to always take care of. We see a montage of them growing up together. You can tell how much they mean to each other when she goes off to college and says goodbye to him with tears in her eyes. Her dog is there with her on her wedding day, and even when she has her first kid. We see her, her husband, her baby and the dog all laying in bed together when she starts singing to him. We then get flashbacks of their life together from his point of view and the screen reads, “nothing matters more than more years together.” I think this commercial did a great job of showing the bond between a dog and its owner. Watching them go through life together was absolutely beautiful. 

I hope you enjoyed these commercials as much as I did! :)

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.