This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Winter is one of those seasons that just feels like it lasts forever. After the winter we’ve had and all the snow, I’m happy to see it end. Thankfully, spring is almost here and the warm weather (and allergies) will soon arrive. With the sun shining and the need for a coat is gone, there are many things to look forward to. Here are two of the important ones.

First things first, as I mentioned, the need for a coat will be no more. I can’t tell you how many times I wore a super cute outfit and it gets ruined by wearing a puffy coat over it. Half the time my outfit never even gets noticed and all you see are my legs looking like sticks with my humongous coat on. With spring, it all changes. Occasionally you may need a jacket or sweatshirt, but that won’t cover your outfit, and it’s easy to find something that complements your already nice outfit. 

SAD, seasonal affective disorder, will be ending too. This is the seasonal depression you get from the lack of vitamin D that the sun supplies. I know I’m not the only one who gets hit hard with this. Halfway through winter, my lack of motivation and tiredness almost consumes me. Now that spring is just around the corner, this will (hopefully) all change. When I feel those sun rays hit my skin, I automatically feel better. It’s important to keep looking forward if you feel this way because I know how frustrating SAD is. 

All in all, winter is a tough season for us all. It’s cold, we’re sad and we can’t do everything we want to do with snow being everywhere. If you’ve really been feeling down, you can start to look forward to spring. Envision yourself with the sun shining on you, and soon you’ll be there!

Maria Hofmann

Montclair '22

Just a Journalism major with a passion to write. She loves listening to music and attending concerts as often as she can. She loves to drink coffee on the regular as she spends some quality time gossiping with her best friends, one being her mom! She's super outgoing and loves to meet new people so she can share stories about her life with others.
Bella is a Senior at Montclair State University studying Communications and Media Arts with a minor in Business. She is currently the Senior Editor as well as contributing writer for Her Campus Montclair and is very excited to take on the role of Vice President and Co-Editor in Chief for the spring '21 semester.