Rising YouTuber Georgia Bridgers: Why Every College Gal Should Watch Her

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

This past summer, I stumbled upon a Youtuber named Georgia Bridgers who is a 20 year old college student and has recently came out as bisexual. Her announcement of her coming out was carried out in a creative way —  through a Youtube video of course! Followed by her clever coming out video, Bridgers posted another of her mom asking her questions about bisexuality.

Now, this was the first video I watched of hers and for many, one would expect this kind of video to be emotional and heartfelt. Though, it was quite the opposite!  It was truly heartwarming to watch, but it also had the perfect balance of compassion, amusement, and openness. Immediately after watching it, I hit the subscribe button. Naturally, as the kids do these days after finding someone new on social media, I began lurking to find out more about her and the content she puts out there.

Not only did I notice she resembles actress Jennifer Lawrence to a T —  from looks and personality —  there is something much deeper about her. Granted, she is gorgeous, has a chic fashion sense, a bubbly personality and is a huge advocate for the LGBTQ+ community. However, while watching her videos, I also realized how she’s not afraid to be her complete self —  which is a trait I aspire to have, as we all should too.

Through her videos, she radiates utter confidence along with this funny, relatable, genuine, and quirky persona, which is actually quite rare to find nowadays on Youtube. In my opinion, there hasn’t been much realness or authenticity on Youtube over the past couple of years. There’s only a select few Youtubers who truly present that —  and Georgia Bridgers is one of them.

Overall, Georgia Bridgers is a Youtuber that you’ll look forward to watching on a weekly basis. Being a 19 year old college student myself, I find there to be a sense of relatableness to her.. Watching her videos inspires and motivates me to embrace my individuality and break out of my comfort zone.

As young adults, we are at a point in time where we’re supposed to be living our lives lightheartedly and embracing who we are as people. Although, in society, I feel like many of us hold back and are afraid of expressing who we truly are. Yet, through her bright, unapologetic personality and witty sense of humor, Georgia Bridgers encourages us to do the opposite.

I believe that Georgia Bridgers is a rising Youtuber that deserves to be more recognized. Not only that, I believe every college gal (and guy) should start watching her because she presents this individuality that’s truly refreshing to see and engage with. As she always says at the end of her videos, “be your best self,” and that’s simply what she does.

Hope is a junior at Montclair State University, majoring in English. She is the current Lifestyle editor at Her Campus Montclair. Besides having a love for writing, you can often find her listening and discovering new music, admiring sunsets, and fangirling over dogs. 
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.