Ring in the New Year a New Watch: 5 Trendy & Affordable Watches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

With the New Year comes new resolutions and what better way to begin than with a new watch?  Whatever your goal or resolution may be; chances are that you will need to keep your eye on the clock.  Don’t settle for a boring wrist watch, go for something trendy and that will reflect your personality.  Here at Her Campus Montclair, we all try to be budget conscious without sacrificing our wallets to the retail gods, so we’ve comprises a list of watches $150 and under.  You’re welcome.

FOSSIL bangle bracelet watch / MICHAEL Michael Kors bracelet watch / Anne Klein bracelet watch

This Michael Kors watch is for a girl who likes to be on the wild side and  isn’t afraid of  a little bit of print.  This watch is different than your typical watch thanks to the tortoise shell band.  You can wear this watch anywhere whether its to school or work.  Print is kind of a neutral, right?  It rings in just below $150.

Rose Gold is a beautiful rosy hue that I cannot stop obsessing over.  If you are obsessed with pink than this is the watch for you.  It’s slim and dazzling without being over the top.  You get a pattern in the watch which is guaranteed to keep your eyes on the time all day.  At $145, this Fossil watch looks much more luxurious than it is.

Who wants to sacrifice their precious bracelets and accessories? What if you don’t have anything to go with said watch for stacking?  Anne Klein has got you covered.  This watch is a hybrid between bracelet and watch and comes in at exactly $150.  You get both look and function.  It’s simple, delicate, and enough to make us squeal with want.

River Island watch / Leather bracelet

Who needs a boyfriend when you can have a boyfriend watch?  This isn’t a men’s watch, oh no, it’s better.  It’s a mirror watch.  While the mirror is small and circular around the face of the watch, it looks like it would look really cool reflecting the light.  It’s way below budget at around $51, how can you say no?

Modcloth gives us another watch/bracelet but this is for the simple on-the-go girl who doesn’t want to be weighed down by a heavy watch.  It’s light and has a faux-leather strap that gives you comfort without sacrificing style.  At $88, you can buy both watches for under budget!

Dylan Ebraheem is a senior at Montclair State University with a major in Fashion Studies and a minor in Communications. She is the current Social Media Director and a Executive Editor. She has had 8 internships and is a Keds + Intern Queen Ambassador. She dreams of traveling to London and Paris after graduating and is a huge Harry Potter fan. She has her own blog/website (www.sartorialspice.com) in hopes of growing her following and perfecting her writing.