This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.
  • Name: Richard Karcher
  • Age: 20
  • Hometown: San Diego, CA
  • Major: Business Administration
  • Marital Status: Single

HC: Why did you choose Montclair?
I chose Montclair because it is a large school, however, it still encompasses that small school feel that I desired. It was the best of both worlds. Also, I like that Montclair is very cultural and that there are a multitude of nationalities. I’m constantly meeting diverse people in class, the dining hall, and on campus in general.

HC: What do you like to do for fun?
I like to hang out with different people and try to get to know them as best as I can. I’m very social and I love to interact with old and new friends. My idea of a great night involves good friends, good food and good conversation.

HC: What is something that you notice first about a girl?
Personality. A girl that is too full of herself is not attractive.

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect date?
A date that is really simple. I feel like first dates are overrated and there is too much expectation to make the best impression that you forget about actually getting to know the person.

HC: What’s a turn on? Turn off?
A girl that is mysterious is a definite turn on. This means that you have to dig deeper to find out who she really is. It keeps things interesting. A girl who divulges too much about herself when you first meet is not ideal for me.

HC: What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?
When a girl is down or not feeling the greatest about herself, I try to do everything possible to change her state of mind.

HC: What’s a deal breaker for you?
When she is just as interested in you as you are in her.