This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

By: Selena Quijandria

Rare Beauty officially launched two years ago, and everyone is still obsessed with their products. This makeup company was founded by Selena Gomez: actress, singer and now, entrepreneur. Gomez has created a beauty line that is described as “makeup made to feel good in, without hiding what makes you unique.” Gomez’s goal with her beauty line is to create a safe space where there is not one type of beauty. Rare Beauty makeup is for everyone. The company also promotes the importance of mental health, which is why they’ve created the Rare Impact Fund, where one percent of all Rare Beauty sales go in order to “increase mental health services in educational settings.” A beauty brand with an admirable mission, Rare Beauty products, have names that are positive, further showing how important it is to them to uplift everyone’s confidence and be supportive! This company has amazing goals and amazing products. 

Here are some that I think are worth splurging on!

1. Soft Pinch Liquid Blush

This amazing blush has taken the community by storm! With 11 different pretty shades, each with a positive name, it’s shown that “a little goes a long way.” There’s a reason why their website says that only one to two dots on each cheek are necessary. It’s very pigmented and lasts long! Its popularity has led to many TikTokers in the beauty community buying them and finding other ways to use them, such as for their lips and under-eyes. 

2.Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara

This mascara fits its name! I use this product myself, and it’s the best mascara I’ve used so far. It keeps your lashes lifted for hours and gives them so much volume. It’s my go-to mascara, and I understood the hype after getting it. The company created this with all lash types in mind, and I recommend picking it up. 

3.Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen

This tinted moisturizer was released back in March, and it’s already made an impact for being a very natural, lightweight product. It comes in 24 shades, and it’s described as “no-makeup makeup”. It also contains SPF 20, which is great for some sun protection! I bought this for my mom a few months ago for Mother’s Day, and she absolutely loved it!
Rare Beauty is also on different social media platforms, including Instagram, where you can keep up with all of their products and new releases! I hope you check out the line itself and try out these products! If not, there’s definitely other wonderful products to choose from!

Selena is a senior majoring in Communication & Media Studies. She loves books, watching TV shows, makeup, social media, and writing.