Original Photo for Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

The Olaplex Products Are Worth the Viral Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

I’ve worked at a hair salon for over four years now. I may just be a receptionist, but I’ve learned countless amounts of tips and tricks when it comes to taking care of my hair. I must admit I’m a victim of being easily wrapped up in viral Tik Tok or Instagram product trends, but the Olaplex Products are worth the hype! I was also told by many of my coworkers that I should make the switch over to the Olaplex products. I took their advice and I swear my hair has never felt or looked healthier. I’ve been dying my hair blonde consistently for the past five years and that’s a lot for hair to handle. Olaplex has repaired my hair, strengthened it and protects it, just like the brand promises. 

My Hair After Using Products
Original photo by Kayla Francione

Let me start off by showing you the two products I use. 

No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo

The important thing to know about all these products is that a little goes a long way! It’s a small bottle, but I’ve used it for five months now and I’m only halfway through. I use about a quarter size amount because it lathers once you add some water. I used to suffer from a lot of frizz and dryness from using heat on my hair, the weather and like I mentioned, dying it blonde. Within just two uses of this product my hair felt so repaired, soft and smooth. Plus, their products are color-safe which is a must if you have color-treated hair. Side Note:  If you’re going to spend money on coloring your hair, don’t ruin it by using cheap, pharmacy shampoos and conditioners!  

No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner

The moisture this conditioner provides is off the charts! Another tip:  I only use conditioner on my ends, not near my scalp! I find it makes my hair look quite greasy, so I avoid placing it anywhere near my roots. This also really adds to how smooth my hair is, plus it gives it shine as well! My hair feels so much stronger and easier to manage too. When it was frizzy and dry, it was such a hassle every time I’d do my hair. Now it’s a much easier process. One more thing I’ll add, it’s not just a difference I can feel and notice, but others can as well. I’ve received many compliments about how healthy and great my hair looks. 

Those are the only two products I use from Olaplex, but soon I may get roped into buying some others. Here are two other products of theirs that I’ve heard raving reviews about: 

No.3 Hair Perfector

This is the product that started bringing attention to Olaplex and began their outstanding reputation. It’s one of their best-selling products! This isn’t considered a conditioner, but some people think it is. It’s an at-home treatment for your hair specifically for very damaged hair. You wouldn’t use this every day, but rather 1-3 times a week depending on how damaged the hair is. I’ve seen the results first hand with clients at the salon and even friends. This is definitely something to invest in if you continue to struggle with dry, brittle hair. 

Nº.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask

This is actually a new product that they recently released. I haven’t heard too much feedback on it, but what I’ve heard is all positive. I do use a hair mask almost every other week, but I have yet to try this one. I do think it will be in my cart before I know it though. What I like about this product is that it provides body, along with protection. A lot of times masks can leave my hair feeling heavy and can’t hold curls or a blow-out. So, I’m inclined to give this one a try. Also advertised to add shine and smoothness as well. 

At first glance, these products can seem a little frightening with a higher than average price in a smaller than average bottle. I once felt the same way, but I bit the bullet and I’m loving the products and my hair. Plus they last so it’s money well spent. Go give Olaplex a try!

Kayla Francione is a senior at Montclair State University. She is majoring in Television and Digital Media with a concentration in Sports Media and Journalism. She is hoping to land a job as a sports broadcaster for a professional team, league, or network. Beyond her passion for sports, she has a bunch of other hobbies. She really enjoys fitness, living a healthy lifestyle, fashion, traveling and spending time with friends and family.
Tara Byrne

Montclair '21

Tara is 22 years old and a senior at Montclair State majoring in fashion studies with a minor in business. She loves keeping up with pop culture and catching up on her Youtube subscriptions. Tara mostly writes fashion, beauty, and lifestyle pieces for Her Campus. She is the current President and Co-Editor in Chief of Her Campus Montclair. In addition, she is a Co-Campus Coorespondent for Her Campus Montclair.