Style

NYFW Designers to Watch: Jeremy Scott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

It’s that time of the year again where some of the most iconic designers from all over the world come together to showcase their collections at New York Fashion Week! Among these designers is Jeremy Scott, creative director of Moschino. Jeremy Scott is known for his bold, unique designs and eccentric themes.

Back in February for F/W18 he showcased an amazing collection with an extraterrestrial vibe that included tons of bold colors and metallics. This season for S/S19, Scott  drew inspiration from 1996 when he was experimenting with different looks. “… I took inspiration from old polaroids I took of myself from 1996 experimenting with makeup and personas, gender bending looks, and diy hairstyles I created on myself before I had a runway and models to express my inspirations and ideas on for the world to see.” I like the idea of the collection having a personal element to it as inspiration.

Jeremy Scott never fails to impress with his outstanding designs. This collection included pop-up graphics, dazzling embellishments and fun prints! I noticed a common theme of bright colors that translated from his F/W18 into his current collection. I loved this collection because it felt empowering through his fun and flirty designs, while creating a twist on current trends such as corsets and lace-up detailing. I also loved that Scott included some iconic pieces of his own such as moto jackets and two piece sets.

Some of my favorite looks included a multi-colored corset mini dress and a multi-colored mesh two piece set. Above all, when Scott walked down the runway at the end of his show, he made a powerful statement from the top he was wearing because it was raising awareness for the current situation about Judge Kavanaugh.

A-list celebrities such as Cardi B, Gigi Hadid and Paris Jackson attended the show. Gigi Hadid was notably wearing one of Scott’s newest designs to support him. While celebrities and top models such as Offset and Duckie modeled his designs, what I really noticed was the amount of diversity strutting down the runway. It makes me proud to see Scott cast models of different ethnicities and backgrounds for his shows. Overall, I loved this collection and can’t wait for it to hit the stores!

Check out the full collection here! 

Sonia Anand

Montclair '21

Sonia Anand is a Senior at Montclair State University, studying Business Administration with a concentration in Management. Some of her passions include traveling the world, content creating, and luxury fashion. She is a dual national between the U.S. and UK and plans to hold an international career while experiencing living in different countries. With her extroverted and outgoing nature, she loves to take risks and push boundaries out of her comfort zone.
Emma Flusk

Montclair '19

Emma Flusk is recent graduate from Montclair State University, where she majored in Television and Digital Media. She was the Editor-in-Chief and a Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Montclair. She’s passionate about anything that has to do with lifestyle, beauty and wellness for women. She is a self-proclaimed craft queen, semi-pro binge-watcher and a lover of all dogs.