This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

By Hailey Mayewski 

Contributing Writer 

Spring time is finally here, but so are allergies, sun burns and sweating. Here are some of my essentials that help me get through this lively time of year. 

1. Sunscreen:

We are protecting our skin this year, and that begins with a healthy amount of SPF. I have been loving the E.L.F. WHOA GLOW, product for my face, but any sunscreen will work. 

1. Cropped Leggings:

Spring weather can be tricky. It’s too hot for pants, but too chilly for shorts. That is where capris come in.  I’ve been loving cropped leggings this spring season. You can dress them up, or down, and they keep you at the perfect temperature. 

1. Liquid Blush:

I have been obsessed with the “sun-kissed,” dewy look this spring, and liquid blush is the perfect product to achieve that goal. TIP: apply blush over the bridge of your nose to add to that perfect “sun-kissed” glow.

1. Allergy Medication:

Ok, this one isn’t as fun as the other essentials, but I couldn’t leave it off of this list. During the spring season I literally live off of Zyrtec. If your allergies have been acting up extra bad like mine, I highly recommend going to the store and picking some up. (Consult doctor before taking new medication.)

1. WATERPROOF Mascara:

Going along with the last point, spring springs on the worst of my allergies, and a big side effect of that is watery eyes. A good waterproof mascara helps keeping my eyes from looking like raccoons. 

1. Vaseline ALL-OVER BODY BALM:

This is the season of glowy, dewy skin, and the All-Over Body Balm from Vaseline will keep your skin shining all day long. I love the stick style applicator because it glides on the skin so nicely. TIP: Apply this to your skin before you go to bed, and wake up glowing. 

1. A Good Book:

I don’t know what it is about springtime, but I always get inspired to read. This year I have been re-reading the Hunger Games series and it is honestly even better than I remembered. 

1. A Maxi Dress:

I have been obsessed with maxi dresses this spring! They are so easy to just throw on, but look so beautiful. I always feel like I should be running through a meadow full of flowers whenever I wear one. 

1. New Sneakers:

I tend to walk the most in the spring, so new shoes are always a must. I am always looking for something comfortable that I can wear on a long walk. 

1. Sunglasses:

The spring sun is no joke and my eyes definitely feel it. I always opt for cheaper sunglasses since I am prone to losing (or breaking) mine, but a higher end pair may work for you. 

I hope these items help you have an amazing spring season!

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.