This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

By Hailey Mayewski

Contributing Writer 

With a new year ahead of us, I always like to come up with some fun predictions that I think may happen in the next year. They’re random, fun and may come true. 

Disclaimer: These are made up predictions. I am not stating that anything in this article is true or will actually happen in 2023. 

1. Silly Bands Will Come Back In Style:

If you were a 2000’s kid like me, then you most likely remember trading these quirky pieces of rubber with your friends. I feel like the fidget community on TikTok is going to discover them and bring them back into style. 

1. The Sprouse Twins Will Come Out With a Podcast Called “Suite Stories”:

I think they will have a podcast where they share all of their behind-the-scenes stories from “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody” and also have guests like old co-stars and Disney Channel icons like Vanessa Hudgens and Miley Cyrus.

1. Side Parts Will Slowly Return: 

I know, we just got used to the middle parts. But, I think side parts will slowly come back in the later part of 2023. 

1. TikTok Will Make Room For Longer Style Content Like 15 Minute Videos: 

Recently, I feel like every app is trying to be like each other. I think TikTok is going to become almost like YouTube where creators can post longer videos. 

1. High Socks Are Going To Be In Style:

Decorative high socks layered over leggings are going to be big. I think there will be more simple ones, but I think kids are going to go crazy for loud, decorative pairs.   

1. One Direction Will Tease That They Are Back Together…But It Will Be Fake:

I feel like someone is going to post a picture of them from their last performance with no caption and all of the “Directioners” will lose their minds, just for Niall to make a TikTok saying that nothing is happening. 

1. Trisha Paytas Will Get Pregnant Again:

I know her daughter Malibu is only a few months old, but I feel like Trisha is gonna go for baby two this year as well. 

1. Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton Are Going To Release A Single And It Is Going To Take Over TikTok:

I feel like these two would make a monster hit and I can just imagine a trending TikTok dance with it. 

1. Baby Lips Chapstick Is Going To Make A Comeback:

When I tell you I had an obsession with these in middle school. But honestly, sometimes I want a chapstick with a hint of color and I miss these. I know they still sell them, but I would love to see them come back in style.  

1.  Olivia Rodrigo Is Going To Star In a New Movie:

I feel like it is either going to be a horror movie or a rom-com but she is definitely the main character. 

I hope you enjoyed my random predictions for 2023. Let’s see how many come true.

Hailey Mayewski

Montclair '23

Hailey Mayewski is a Junior, journalism major at Montclair State University. She is excited to be a new member of Her Campus Montclair.