MSU’s Bookstore Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Naturally, when it comes to our clothing and accessory “must-haves,” most of us have our usual places where we go without second guessing. On campus, you may catch a bus or shuttle to your local department store or shopping mall to get these things. But don’t you know that you could get those same things at reasonable prices at our own bookstore?! 

No doubt, the number one item that you should have in your closet right now is one of our Montclair State University crew necks and tees! Yes! The plain block letter written monogrammed print. Believe it or not, there are so many ways to style these plain tees. My favorite combo is a red Montclair State University tee, paired with black and white printed leggings (any kind), with black boots and a cardigan (or jacket of your choice). Not a fan of the printed leggings? Pair it with black pants and houndstooth print rainboots! Test drive this “I look like I tried but I really didn’t” school spirited look to your next class!

The next go-to accessory to retrieve from the bookstore may surprise you, but it is *drumroll* their sunglasses and clear frames! You may have gotten a bad impression from the small, red “Montclair State University” imprinted sunglasses given to you at events, but if you take a trip to the bookstore, you may shock yourself trying to decide between the cutest oversized aviators, and Ray-Ban inspired clear black frames!

Although HC Montclair’s full of writers, we know everyone loves chic notebooks! They come in a variety of colors and prints, and are just the right size to fit in a purse or of course your school bag. If you’re in and out of meetings all week, they are perfect to keep you organized because of their distinct designs!

Photo Credit: Lataya Rothmiller, Frompo

South Jersey native whose passion for writing lured her 14 miles from New York. Lataya is a student at Montclair State with a major in Journalism.