Meet Our Campus Cutie of the Week, John Kryznefski!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Montclair chapter.

Name: John Joseph Kryznefski
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Roxbury, NJ
Relationship Status: In a Relationship
Major: Communication Studies

1. What is your favorite thing about Montclair?
    Two things. One, the gym. It’s awesome, that simple. I love working out, and the gym at MSU is really nice. Also, the people who are working out are usually pretty chill people. That leads me to number two. Two, the people. Yeah I know probably everyone says this, but I love the people at MSU. I know there are some jerks and tools, but the people I hang out with make MSU the school for me. I wouldn’t trade them for anything else. Wow, I sound cheesy and cliché, but at least it’s true. 
  2. What are your hobbies?
    I love doodling. I always draw or doodle in class when I’m bored. I usually make drawings associated with the topic of class, so I can remember it when I look back and study, but sometimes they are completely random. Sometimes I make animations in Flash, but I never finish them. They’re usually pet projects to get my mind off of something. They’re never usually great, but I still love making them.
  3. What is your idea of a perfect date?
    I’m a simple man. I don’t believe in going over the top or anything like that. When I go out I usually don’t plan any over the top activities, like lion taming; I like to keep it simple and treat the girl. I’m a gentlemen at heart, cause mama raised a good boy, so I love treating the other person. I like a nice dinner, Italian or Chinese, and a nice walk afterwards around the area. I like walking around because it allows me to learn a lot about a person, plus you can be all cutesy and hold hands and stuff. I like to start dancing and twirling the girl around while I hold her hand to make things fun. A perfect date for me is just bonding with the person you’re with and having a couple laughs during the night.
  4. What is your biggest turn off?
    Smoking. God, I hate the smell of cigarettes. A girl that smokes instantly becomes unattractive to me. Or, if you’re missing teeth. That just gives me the heebie jeebies.
  5. You’ve recently visited England. How was that experience? How do you feel about the culture differences between England and the US?
    Oh. My. God. It was great! I loved my time in England. It was a bit of a shock, you know, people driving on the other side of the road and all that jazz, but honestly it took me a day to get over that. They’re not that different than us really, they just have accents. The English are nice people, and don’t believe what you hear about their food being bad, it was pretty freakin’ good. If there’s one thing that shocked me the most about England, it was their bacon. Quite different than ours, and not in a good way.
  6. What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
    I was captain of my high school debate team… I’m not ashamed of that title, it’s just that a lot of people think that debate team is extremely nerdy, but I loved it. I actually came in first place my junior year of high school. I kind of wish I had a belt saying “Debate World Champion.”
  7. What’s the best and worst pick up line you’ve ever used on someone or someone used on you?
    My favorite pick up line has to be “How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.” I usually just use it to get a laugh, as its incredibly cheesy, but it usually gets a conversation going. The worst one… I don’t really know. Inever use them and I have never had anyone use a pick up line on me. I feel kind of sad having nothing to say for the worst pick up line. Please forgive me.
  8. What’s the first thing you notice about a girl?
    Jeez… I don’t know. I mean there are lots of things I notice. But the more I think about it, the more I feel I want to say energy. Energy as in the way they carry themselves or present themselves. Is the person a Debbie Downer or a happy go lucky girl? I usually notice that right away. I like to see girls with a lot of energy and who seem like they are light hearted and fun. Because those girls, those are the girls that usually light up the room in my opinion.
I'm an eternal optimist, aspiring PR girl, fashionsta and friend. I love my position at Her Campus Montclair. Being Editor-in-Chief has taught me how to manage time, be creative with content, and most of all, how to be an effective leader. I'm currently the social media manager at the New Yorker Hotel and Manhattan Center in NYC. When I was the social media director for HC Montclair, I learned just how incredible being connected with the world could be for any business. Social media has become a part of almost everyone's life. I adore it for all it can do and hope to one day own a social media consulting firm that can go into struggling businesses or start up businesses and help them out.